It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Anyone else buzzing???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
    newbie5
    (female)

newbie5 HB User
    Anyone else buzzing???

Hello, I've posted a few times previously. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a kind of "buzzing" in their feet or elsewhere? I notice a buzzing/pulsing/tingling mainly in my left foot, some tingling/buzzing in my right thigh (along with muscle twitches). I didn't know if this was one of the many wonderful peri symptoms, or if anyone else has had this. I have read where some people have had "internal trembling", but am not sure if they resemble each other. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User
    Re: Anyone else buzzing???

I guess the choice of words many of us use to describe our symtpoms can vary so much...but if your "buzzing" is what I think it is, I could say I had it but I called it "pins & needles" "like ants crawling" "like when your foot fallen asleep" "the foot doesn't feel the floor like it normally does" - it was also on my left foot only, and was constant that lasted for several months. So, does this help?

molly

Old 01-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
    BeckyW5
    (female)

BeckyW5 HB User

Yes! I had this in my left pinky and my left foot to start. I described it to docs as feeling like a 'faint electric current'. Shortly after that started I also got random muscle twitches/spasms. More recently I get the 'trembling' sensations. It all seems to be connected!

BeckyW.

Old 01-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Beck,
    I had the "trembling" or rather internal shaking sensations before and for a much longer time than the 'tingling' left foot. The foot thing was one of the last things I had that was weird to me. The internal trembling was really scary and unbearable. It hit me hard esp. in the middle of the night - my whole body would be vibrating inside and would last for hours - way into morning sometimes. I got to the point where I was scare to go to sleep each night not knowing what I was to happen to me in the middle of the night. At that time, I didn't know of any women having this and my dr. was clueless - they really should include this symptom in more peri-meno symptoms lists and books.

molly

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-11-2006 at 10:58 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

Old 01-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
    newbie5
    (female)

newbie5 HB User

Thank you both for your quick responses! Becky, I have also described it as feeling like an "electric current" and also like I have my foot against a refridgerator or something electrical running. It isn't constant but when it's buzzing it is very annoying. I also have random muscle twitches and spasms-have for about 6 months now! Needless to say, it has been very scary! I am 41, and had no idea that it could be peri related! I have been to one neuroligist (couldn't find anything wrong) and am scheduled to go to another one later this month. Again, thank you both. It is very reassuring to know I'm not alone!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
    CeeGee223
    (female)

CeeGee223 HB User

Buzzing and trembling...oh yeah, I've had both. The buzzing isn't quite as unpleasant as the internal tremors. I used to get those tremors alot at night too. It was like a wave which started in my feet and "rolled" upwards...very weird. However, I've found that, unbelievably, since I started taking a multi-vitamin everyday, those tremors have just about fully subsided.

I kind of came to the conclusion that I was totally exhausted and that my body was getting completely depleted of everything that used to come naturally to keep it going. Without having a medical degree (LOL) I have to believe that all of these hormonal swings just take a terrible toll on our systems. I NEVER was one to take a vitamin....ever, but boy, I sure can say that it has helped so much. My energy level has also improved greatly. I even managed a good amount of house-cleaning this past weekend! Amazing!

Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #7
    Hopefully
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefully HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbie5
    Hello, I've posted a few times previously. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced a kind of "buzzing" in their feet or elsewhere? I notice a buzzing/pulsing/tingling mainly in my left foot, some tingling/buzzing in my right thigh (along with muscle twitches). I didn't know if this was one of the many wonderful peri symptoms, or if anyone else has had this. I have read where some people have had "internal trembling", but am not sure if they resemble each other. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Oh my goodness, these perimenopause symptoms get weirder as time progress. I also have the occasional tingling/buzzing/zaps in my left foot, but did not attribute it to hormones. Why does it affect our left foot? I saw a doctor several years ago about this sensation in my foot and he said it was related to phlebitis (sp.) so later I had a sonogram to rule out blood clots. Everything was alright, but I was still experiencing that tingling in my left foot (occasionally it's in both feet). I did notice that by taking calcium and especially magnesium it seems to help eliminate this peri symptom.

I sure would like to know why so many of us mainly experience this "buzzing" is our left foot.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
    Debrae
    (female)

Debrae HB User

I have been 'buzzing' and tremoring inside for 7 yrs. now. I am currently almost 52 and still have regular cycles.Like some of the other posts ,I have tried to explain this to my Dr. He is clueless.It started in one spot in the area of my uterus. It felt like I had a vibrating cell phone inside of me. It progressed to any and all areas of my body. It can be in my abdomen, my hands,feet,or chest. I try to ignore it at this point.I call it 'awakening the beast within'and then get on with my life.It is a relief to know I'm not alone

Old 01-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
    newbie5
    (female)

newbie5 HB User

Thank you all for your replies! It is amazing that so many people are experiencing this. Has anyone ever had a doctor give them any clue on what this could possibly be, such as hormones, etc???

Old 02-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #10
    NancyNJ
    (female)

NancyNJ HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Anyone else buzzing???

Hi--I'm brand new to this board but am so glad I stumbled across this tonight. I've just completed a series of medical tests (Brain MRI, EMG of arms and legs, doppler ultrasound of legs, bloodwork, echocardiogram) all with normal results...and all because I have the same symptoms you all describe. It started about 8 months ago at night with tingling in my feet (like they had fallen asleep) and now comes on in waves that travel up my body. It wakes me up and is very scary since it also sometimes feels like there is pressure in my chest. It does not happen every night, but seems to happen more frequently as time goes on. I am just glad to know I'm not alone...my doctor never mentioned that it could be part of hormonal changes due to peri menopause. Any advice on remedies is welcome!

Old 02-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #11
    newbie5
    (female)

newbie5 HB User

Hello and welcome! I, too, have had numerous tests! How old are you and are you having any other symptoms? From research I've done, I believe the "buzzing" is from a lack of estrogen. Do you have any muscle twitches? It is very annoying and very scary!

Old 02-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #12
    Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

Whether you have had your b12 levels tested or notThe docs think a level of 300 is ok even..but its not!!!.I would bet if you started taking b12 and a b complex..Any form of hormones depletes our bodies of b vitamins!! This in turn will cause our nerves to go haywire and cause you feel to feel the internal buzzing..Why do you think we all fee lit??
    I have had burning in my upper extremeiesfor the last year and then about 6 months later it started in my feet..5 doctors countless dollars later..NOBODY could tell me what was wrong!!I found some info on the b vitamins and they help your nerves!! I am not healed but feel ALOT better than i had been.I had a hysterectomy sept of 03..This all started march of 04..I am just getting my feet to feeling better so i can walk without pain again..No thanks to any of those doctors!!!!
    I found my info on the internet!!
    I am taking the b12 and the b complex because they work better together!!
    You can buy these at your drug store..If you have had these as i call the zingers..for a real long time..it may take a bit to get them to stop ..but i bet you if you take 200 mcg's of b12 and 1 bcomplex 100 mcg's a day{dont take more than 100mcg's of the complex}..it wont be too long before you get at least "some " relief!!
    These are all classic symptoms of b12 deficiency~
    My energy has gone through the roof since starting
    these vitamins as well!!!
    The month of december my feet hurt so bad from nerve pain zingers burning pain..that i was sitting
    all day long doing nothing because it hurt to walk!!!
    I started taking these vitamins and it was like a miracle was performed on me!!!
    I still take prescription meds for my neck and shoulders..but i am patient and have faith in time it will work on the rest of me!!....
    I did alot of homework online and found this info myself
    I hope you girls do the same!!!
    I know what its like to go to the doc and get the stare
    and the shrug and feel helpless!!
    Take care let me know if you need any info..I would love to pass it along and help someone else the way i have been helped!!
    I am not a sales person..You can read up under my user name and read of all the trouble i have had in this last year and know i am telling the truth!
    Be back later to check in!

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-06-2005 at 08:45 AM.

Old 02-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #13
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Hi NancyNJ,
    Welcome to the board! As recommended by WhataMess re taking B12 and Complex B vitamins, I also recommend taking magnesium - 500mg/day, 500mg/bedtime. I went to various drs. 35 times in a 5-month period and none of them prescribed any remedies to help me feel better. However, I am thankful that nothing serious was going on with me. I found out from the power-surge board where I first learned other women were having the tingling and burning feet/arms and those horrible internal shakes. I hated those internal jitters! I never read about it in any books either. Paxil CR has helped me manage the situation but I was told that it wouldn't get rid of the peri symptoms but after a month being on it and I took almost everything recommended in the "Before the Change" book, my hormones finally found its way back home and settled down. I have been fine since but am still taking all the vits.

molly

Old 02-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #14
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

i had and still have although some have calmed down now but I was told by gyne and even Psych that the muscle twitches, the electrical shock feeling and the humming/buzzing is definitely meno.

I buzz alot. And that's hard when ur blonde too, lol Now I really feel I fit the blonde picture. LOL

Old 02-08-2005, 07:16 AM   #15
    BeckyW5
    (female)

BeckyW5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ainfante
    i had and still have although some have calmed down now but I was told by gyne and even Psych that the muscle twitches, the electrical shock feeling and the humming/buzzing is definitely meno.

I buzz alot. And that's hard when ur blonde too, lol Now I really feel I fit the blonde picture. LOL
    HeeHee, ain't it the truth!!

Between the buzzing, blondeness, and forgetfulness I keep thinking I'm becoming the 'poster child' for blonde jokes. (OK maybe my boobs should be bigger LOL).

It's funny, everyone seemed to report that the buzzing seemed more common in the left extremities, and it started that way with me, but the last few weeks I have it mainly in my right foot. It's not painful, and pretty slight so that I don't notice it unless I'm off my feet/resting, but it's weird!

I'm wondering if I should take add'l BVitamins since my multi vitamin contains 300% 0f the RDA for vit B1, B2, B6,, and B12 ?? Is this enough or should I add more to my daily supplements?

BeckyW.

Closed Thread