It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Peri Zappers? Any Luck with them?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
    d38
    (female)

d38 HB User
    Peri Zappers? Any Luck with them?

Has anyone tried the Peri Zappers ( All the vitimins ect) and had luck with them?? I have been trying to do research and trying to figure out if they work? Here is a list:
    PERI ZAPPER TREATMENT

Flaxseed Oil
    High in lignans, a natural hormone-balancing substance, flaxseed oil is as effective as hormone replacement therapy in lessening hot flashes and sweating. It's also good for depression and fatigue.
    Recommended dosage: 1 to 2 tbsp. a day. An alternative is to buy ground up flaxseed, and sprinkle it on top of your food (such as oatmeal and popcorn).

Evening Primrose Oil
    Helps in relieving breast tenderness, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, headaches and water retention.
    Recommended dosage: Two weeks prior to the start of your period, take 1,000 mg a day - half in the morning, half at night - after food.

Multi-vitamins and Magnesium
    Having sufficient amounts of the essential multivitamins listed below, along with magnesium, will help to relieve mood swings, insomnia, anxiety, tissue dryness, and water-retention.
    Recommended to start with:
    Vitamin B complex, 50 - 100 mg a day
    Vitamin C, 1000 mg three times a day
    Vitamin E, 400 - 1200 iu a day
    Magnesium, 500 - 1000 mg before bed

Zinc
    Helps to lower estrogen (too much is as bad as too little) and increase progesterone levels. Also helps to build strong bones and improve your immune system.
    Recommended dosage: 15 - 50 mg a day

Natural Progesterone Cream
    This can help in relieving fuzzy thinking, fatigue and fat gain. Rub on your throat, the fleshy areas of the inner arms, and in the palms of your hand.

Exercise
    Work out vigorously for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week.

De-stress
    Stress amplifies symptoms and causes the body to produce the hormone cortisol. Too much cortisol can cause diabetes and high blood pressure. Stress also zaps the body of essential minerals and vitamins.

Adrenal Refresher
    At times of high stress, replacing lost minerals and vitamins can help the adrenal glands produce less stress hormones.
    Recommended: B complex vitamins, Vitamin C, Adrenal Gland Extract, green and yellow vegetables and sea vegetables.

Soy Phytoestrogens
    Soy can help in diminishing the intensity of hot flashes and night sweats. Consume moderate amounts of soy isoflavone supplements.

There's a couple other things I still need to add to try, but I have to make a trip to GNC first.

This together with my glucosamine for joints, and I have a FISTFUL of pills to pop every morning. Hope it works!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User
    Re: Peri Zappers? Any Luck with them?

I think they help. I take everything except the Progesterone cream. I also take COQ10. I have been taking these vits for a year now on a consistent basis. I get most of my stuff online - there are vits sites that are lower in price and there's a wide selection of dosage size. Do some searches and compare them with GNC.

Last edited by molly123; 01-25-2005 at 09:56 AM.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
    armadillo pie
    Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
    Re: Peri Zappers? Any Luck with them?

The Peri-zappers are excellent and do work if you are consistant in taking them. I have peri symptoms, sometimes worse , sometimes I barely notice them and I believe it has to do with taking these peri-zappers for years now ( 10 years before I was peri). I do not get hot flashes and hope I don't, but a part of me knows I won't because I take much of what you listed.

I also take the magnesium with calcium before I go to bed. But I do what a doctor recommended- I take equal amounts of each instead of the 1/2 mag. to calcium. I sleep like a baby every night and it also prevents constipation, which many women complain about. I have my husband take it nightly too- he is hooked!

You also mentioned exercise- that is a big part of maintaining our vitality and bones, as well as mental health.

I do the natural progesterone cream from day 7 of my cycle to day 28. If I miss a cycle I count the first day of the full moon as the 7th day of my cycle and do it that way (another doctor recommended that).

Also accupuncture is an amazing help- balancing my hormones with my moods. It is great for depression and equally great for peri-menopause. I go to a clinic in my city so I only pay $25 for a 2 hour session.

It is such a difficult time of our lives, not only the physical but letting go of the old and entering into a whole new arena of life. I talk to every woman I can as a vent and for support. I have bonded with women I may have never in the past because now we share in simliar life events. With the aging or passing of our parents, kids leaving the nest, and a general slowing down, and peri or menopause along with this, life can sure be a challenge at times. So I learn from other women and their experiences. This board is great for that- we are all going through similar experiences and this a safe place to share them among kindred souls.

What I'd like to do is start a group therapy for women going through this in my city. Make is free, and host it at different homes. A place for women to talk person to person on a weekly basis about what is going on for them in their lives.

Anyway, back to the peri-xappers- they ar great and thank you for posting them. Maybe they can help more women.

Closed Thread