It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

so anoyin!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Georgie_mc
(female)

Georgie_mc HB User
so anoyin!

Every month before my perod for two weeks i get really tender and uncomfortable pains in my boobs, it realli is anoyin! the pain goes as soon as i come off my period. Whenever i sleep it hurts coz i lean on my side. any help on why??? i took the morning after pill about 8 months ago and ive had it ever since that so it could be from that?? any help will be appreciated x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
JudeNZ
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Re: so anoyin!

I never had sore breasts before a period until my last baby 19 years ago. Every month regular as clockwork. one night i'd take my bra off, wince with pain and 7 days later my period would arrive. After about 2nd day of period sore boobs would magically disappear.

As menopause as increased so did tenderness in breasts. It would hurt to lie on them, touch them anywhere, and could last from 7 to 12 days. Last 6 mths that has eased right off, although this months they were a little sore, but am having a very heavy period right now.

I have been told sore breasts can be a sign of ovulating, but not sure if that is true. But as we get older and we no longer do, and the pain decreases, maybe there is some truth in that.

Maybe evening primrose oil might help. But it is another one of those wonderful symptomns we just have to bear with it seems. So I can't be much help except to let you know others also suffer the tender breasts, and it is no fun at all.

Jude

Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
Georgie_mc
(female)

Georgie_mc HB User

im not pregnant though. i heard it was PMS or somethin like that hmmmm is strange tho. it might be an imbalance of hormones, cheerz for advice tho

Old 03-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
greeneyes100
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I had the same problem with my breasts right before my period (I'm 50 now)--I'm still getting periods, although they are farther apart. When I started using progesterone cream, it really improved the tender breasts thing!

Old 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
Bell99
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

Me too! I go tomorrow morning to the gyno and will be bringing this up along with a host of other symptoms.
Mine start about two weeks to a week and half before my period and they hurt like hell. The best was I can describe it is that feeling of being engorged with milk or when your milk first comes in after child birth OUCH!
I sleep in a sports bra. I breast are not that big either but boy they feel full, hard and tender as all get out! I went off the pill almost 2 years ago and that was when it started.

Closed Thread