It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Does anyone else have this?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
cb50
(female)

cb50 HB User
Does anyone else have this?

I'm 52 and started menopause about three years ago. Almost from the beginning, I've been plagued with terribly itchy labia, but only on one side. Before menopause, I never had any problems of any kind, but for the last three years I've had almost constant itching 'down there' on the left side, sometimes to the point of being raw. I have found that using a cortisone cream helps immensely but I would like for it to just go away. I find it odd that it's only on one side, and when I look, there's nothing to be seen that may be causing it, just red irritated skin that itches. Even my doctor doesn't see anything obvious. Does anyone else have this or know why I do or what causes it? I assume it's related to going through menopause as that's when it started but don't understand the connection. Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
kittenlover

kittenlover HB User
Re: Does anyone else have this?

Has your doc looked at it?
It could be just hormonal, but it could also be Lichen(sp?)....this should be treated as it can predispose you to cancer there. Not to scare you as that is rare, but I'd go have it looked at.
Maybe you could get a Rx for estrogen cream just to rub on that small area.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Middleagedcrazy
(female)

Middleagedcrazy HB User
Re: Does anyone else have this?

I have experienced the same thing, plus constant, reacurring yeast infections since becoming menopausal. My doctor said it is definately hormonal and nothing to worry about, other than the discomfort and just being plain annoying! Just another of the long, never ending list of symtoms and complaints that we get at this stage of the game. It really helps if you start treating it as soon as you feel it coming on.

Closed Thread