It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Menopause Is Driving me Crazy!! Help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
namewrong
Inactive
(female)

namewrong HB User
Menopause Is Driving me Crazy!! Help

I am 45 yrs young and have started menopause (the dirty word) lol... I have horrible night sweat's, nightmare's and am getting my period every two week's ugggggggg... 1x a month was horrible.. But now 2!! Has anyone tried a natural menopause med's? How about soy? I hear many thing's and am confused. I do know i want to try natural first. Any input???
Thank's and Peace from NJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
ImpatientDonna
(female)

ImpatientDonna HB User
Re: Menopause Is Driving me Crazy!! Help

Hey V
I know exactly what you're going through...I'm 44 years old...was having extremely heavy periods approximately 2 weeks of every month...anemia and the whole nine yards...got that under control with an IUD...and what happens next? HOT FLASHES!
They drive me up the wall! You can be fine one minute and sweating the next...not to mention the weight gain...
They say life begins at 40...well I'm just looking forward to 50 when all this is over...
Your partner in misery
D

Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
molly123
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Really hope you will be thru with it all by 50 or sooner! Can't even begin to imagine how some women can deal w/these symptoms for years! Yikes! I didn't START getting my bad peri symptoms until I turned 50 - luckily, it only lasted 5 mos for me!

molly

Old 04-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
MelRose13
(female)

MelRose13 HB User

Estroven Helps, But....the Side Effect For Me Anyway Was Weight Gain, And Now I Can't Lose It. Drinking Natural Aloe Vera Juice That You Can Buy At Health Food Stores Will Help With Neutralizing Internal Temps To Keep The Hot Flashes Down.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:02 AM   #5
JudeNZ
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User

Hang in there it will pass eventually, or so I keep telling myself. Soy is argueably one of the best HRT replacements you can take. Bear in mind though, it is reportedly also one of the most genetically modified products around. I drink Soy Milk which is GE free, have it on my cereal, also make myself a coffee ( decaf of course) with a cup of it each day. Hot flashes are so far one of the few symptoms I don't seem to have had problems with. I choose to believe it is because of the soy and evening primrose oil I take daily. Try it, nothing to lose.

Jude

Old 04-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
littlejmb
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

I find that the hot flashes and night sweats come in cycles for me. I will have them for a while and then they go away for a while. Right now - they are gone (yeah)!! I am 51 and only started having them about a year ago. Mine are mostly at night and early morning though. I take Evening Primrose oil, but I don't think it helps with that - for me anyway. I hear that black cohosh is supposed to help, but it hurts my stomach, so I can't really say if that helps or not. I bought something from the health food store that was a formula and it did seem to help. But - my face broke out really bad, so I thought maybe that was what was doing it, so I stopped taking it and now my face has cleared up. Isn't that something - 51 and pimples! Try Dong Quai also. Just experiement with some herbs from the heathfood store first. Maybe something will help.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #7
DebraL

DebraL HB User

What is the Evening primrose supposed to help?

Old 04-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
DebraL

DebraL HB User

Judenz, please explain the GE free...I drink soy daily.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #9
molly123
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

My hot flashes come/go also and are probably fairly mild in comparison to the some women. I can go months w/o experiencing any too. I lacked off from drinking revival soy for a while and am now back on it for a week now. Noticed that I haven't had the same type of hot flashes lately - I think I've just been getting hot b/c I have been walking a lot more!

molly

Old 04-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #10
browneyedsusie
(female)

browneyedsusie HB User

Ahhhh How frustrating...I made a long post and had brain fog and could not remember a word so I went back to page one to help remember it.....and I lost my post when I forwarded back....so here goes again
Debra I know this question was for Judenz but I thought I would answer since I was reading the posts anyway. Sorry Judenz. GE means genetically engineered, It sometimes is called Genetically modified. It is when science alters the chemicals and cells in fruits and vegetables to make them produce higher yeilds as well as look more appealing. Often you will find an Organic section in the produce of your grocery stores.
So when using Soy you should be using organic soy.
I too have a question...When I asked my naturopath/homeopathic doctor about using soy....she told me she would not recommend daily use. Have any of you ladies been advised of this?? She said every other day or even every 3rd day is better. She said too much soy has been linked to other health issues. Anybody?? Thanks
Lesley

Old 08-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
namewrong
Inactive
(female)

namewrong HB User

I just cope with it.. Don't want to take any med's... Thanks All

Old 08-02-2005, 07:01 AM   #12
chitowngl
(female)

chitowngl HB User

I am pretty sure too much soy can affect thyroid function.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #13
ainfante
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

[QUOTE=chitowngl]I am pretty sure too much soy can affect thyroid function.[/QUOTE

Yes, I heard this too. Actually, a friend of mine who has a major thyroid problem told me this.

Closed Thread