It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Can you take BCP & use Progestron Cream together???

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
d38
(female)

d38 HB User
Can you take BCP & use Progestron Cream together???

I am on Yasmin BCP and the first week of pill I feel great, it is the next 3 that I feel like CRAP!! Moody, CRYING ALL THE TIME, Sad, no sleep, ect....I am 38 and in Peri and sometimes feel like I am going crazy and love this board for information because I then dont feel so alone since I dont have any friends that understand. My question is can you take the BCP and use the Progestron cream at the same time? and can you use it everyday or just towards the beginning of your period?? It is confusing to me, there are so many different kinds!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Can you take BCP & use Progestron Cream together???

This is a good question that I had planned to ask my doctor since I've been having horrid labor pain cramps during the placebo week of birth control pills. I read some where that using progesterone might help alleviate those horrible cramps.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:01 AM   #3
JinL
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Have your doctor check both your female hormones & male hormones. Both need balanced to feel good. Women need & have both. But sometimes the Estrogen E2 gets too high & the testosterone gets too low. Get it tested twice, once in the first week when you take the pill & once the day before you take the pill & see what is different. Then he/she can make adjustments. They usually do not want to test for hormones, you may have to insist.

Good luck

Old 04-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

My dr. checked my estrogen which is way below the minimum, and testosterone is within range, and my fsh number is postmenopausal even though I'm still bleeding.

My doc. said that progesterone cream can be used along with the bcp. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk with her, she left a message, but I'll call first thing on Monday to get more specifics.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:00 AM   #5
JinL
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

The progestrone cream is supposed to help balance the male & female hormones. If the estrogen was a little low it would bring it up. The BC pills have estrogen in them & will help get the levels back up. Many women use both.

Some women use a prescription compounded estrogen gel or cream they rub on the skin.

Closed Thread