It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Could this be another symptom????

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
alwaysaworrier
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Question Could this be another symptom????

I am just wonder (and hoping) that this is another symptom. I think I read it on the boards before but I cannot find it now. I seem to have lost underarm and leg hair. I only realized the other day that I had not shaved underarm or leg in a while and when I looked there was practically nothing there. Do you think this has something to do with peri? I then checked "down below" and I think that has lightened also. I am a bit worried as to what could be causing this - any insight would be greatly appreciated. There is never a dull moment about one symptom or another - will it ever end for us?

Maggie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
kittenlover

kittenlover HB User
Re: Could this be another symptom????

I think you do lose hair as we age, but thyroid conditions are notorious for hair loss...usually eye-brows and eye-lashes are a first sign.

I have noticed that my leg hair is nothing like it used to be but my underarms are still going strong.
I have had a lot of eye-lash loss but my eye doc thinks it is allergies.

Old 04-11-2005, 06:55 AM   #3
alwaysaworrier
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Anyone else???

Old 04-11-2005, 07:13 AM   #4
kellykay

kellykay HB User

my first reaction was thyroid.. but then again thyroid conditions lead to early menopause... what are your other symptoms

Old 04-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
alwaysaworrier
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykay
my first reaction was thyroid.. but then again thyroid conditions lead to early menopause... what are your other symptoms
Well, I have so many things wrong with me I don't know where to start! I have been feeling absolutely rotten with a couple of years and finally about last year my doctor agreed that it was perimenopaue (I'm now 47). Also, last year I developed HBP and I went on med for that and it is fairly okish now. I constantly worry about my health now so I think I have developed anxiety from it all and may even had the anxiety with quiet a while. I just get so confused from it now. Now to top it off I was at the doctor last week to get my BP checked and she also took some bloods again, thyroid again etc and I called the office just a while ago to be told everything was fine EXCEPT cholesteral was very high so now i have that as well...............oh I could nearly scream from it all. Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or cry from it all!! I have had my thyroid checked several times and it always is ok so I don't know what could be causing the loss of body hair?
Sorry for rambling on but I just needed to get this off my chest and hope somebody can shed some light on what is going on with me.

Thanks for your response.
Maggie

Last edited by alwaysaworrier; 04-11-2005 at 11:39 AM.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
nornie
Veteran
(female)

nornie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysaworrier
Well, I have so many things wrong with me I don't know where to start! I have been feeling absolutely rotten with a couple of years and finally about last year my doctor agreed that it was perimenopaue (I'm now 47). Also, last year I developed HBP and I went on med for that and it is fairly okish now. I constantly worry about my health now so I think I have developed anxiety from it all and may even had the anxiety with quiet a while. I just get so confused from it now. Now to top it off I was at the doctor last week to get my BP checked and she also took some bloods again, thyroid again etc and I called the office just a while ago to be told everything was fine EXCEPT cholesteral was very high so now i have that as well...............oh I could nearly scream from it all. Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or cry from it all!! I have had my thyroid checked several times and it always is ok so I don't know what could be causing the loss of body hair?
Sorry for rambling on but I just needed to get this off my chest and hope somebody can shed some light on what is going on with me.

Thanks for your response.
Maggie
Maggie,

Can you get a copy of your thyroid results and post them on the thyroid board? It's just that very often with thyroid, doctors will say "normal!" when it so isn't. Many labs are using outdated ranges for one. And many doctors don't really interpret thyroid results very well. What makes me suspicious is that now your cholesterol is high too - that can very easily be caused by thyroid. You probably didn't have more than a TSH done (an unreliable test at best) if there's any way you can go back and request a free T3 and a free T4 that would be good.

Nornie

Old 04-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
alwaysaworrier
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Nornie - thanks for your your info. I will call the doctors and see what I can find out from them. thanks again.
Maggie

Closed Thread