It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Weird Heart Sensations

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
venezia
(female)

venezia HB User
Question Weird Heart Sensations

I'm not sure whether to post this on the heart board or the menopause board but I'll see if I get a response here since I know during perimenopause you can have different heart sensations. I've been dealing with the heart flutters off and on but now I've started noticing that sometimes when I lay down and I'm just starting to doze off to sleep that I will get these weird sensations in my heart or chest area. Kind of like it's really slowing down or like it's going to flutter but it doesn't actually start. Then last night when I felt this weird heart/chest thing my heart started pounding and I could really feel it in my upper chest. Of course, that made me more anxious and nervous. I didn't know if this could be another symptom of perimen. or if it's a sign of something wrong with the heart. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or similar? I was really exhausted when I went to bed last night and had eaten quite a bit shortly before that so didn't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Many times I'm really sleepy before I go to bed and then when I lay down a get some weird feeling and I can't get to sleep. Then I lay there worrying. Anyone experiencing anything like this?

Thanks,

Venezia

The Following User Says Thank You to venezia For This Useful Post:
SecretSunlight (02-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Debrae
(female)

Debrae HB User
Re: Weird Heart Sensations

I too have had an increase in palpatations since peri M started. I experience more symptoms right before I get my period [which can be extremely irregular].Symptoms tend to be more noticable while lying down and even worse while lying down with a full stomach.Get checked to rule out any thing serious ,then relax and know that all these weird sensations will not last forever.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
katidid95
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User

I did a post earlier on the "How bad is your anxiety" thread and just read your post. I've feel like I've been Peri for about 7-8 years, but with fairly normal symptoms (bad cramps, insomnia right before period, bad PMS). Just recently I started having such severe heart palps (pretty much every night, all night) I went to my GP then to a cardio. The cardio found that my heart is okay (he did discover I have an abnormality that I was born with, but he says nothing to be concerned about only to watch and not related AT ALL to my symptoms). So the heart and a few other tests he did checked out.

If it continues, you might want to get checked out to give you peace of mind if nothing else. I had chest pains so bad a week ago I was beside myself - couldn't sleep and I think the anxiety just compounded. Once I found out my heart is basically okay, it did make me feel better. I also learned from reading the boards things that increase heart palps, which your probably already know, like caffeine and being low on magnesium.

I'm at the beginning of my search for answers.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #4
twanger
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have the heart flutter/pound sensation in the upper chest. I asked my doctor and he said that it was nothing to worry about. It just happens.

Mine come mostly when I am relaxing. Go figure.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
venezia
(female)

venezia HB User

Thanks for the posts! It always helps when you hear someone else has experienced similar symptoms.

Venezia

Closed Thread