It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Mother in Menopause

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
ilovemypug
(female)

ilovemypug HB User
Post Mother in Menopause

I think my mom is in menopause. Is there anything I can do... and tips you guys can give me to make her feel better while she is down in the dumps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
JudeNZ
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Re: Mother in Menopause

If Mum is in menopause, has she said that is what is going on with her?? I think the best thing you can do is realise this isn't about you, or anything you've done. So if Mum is having a bad day, it is probably due to how she is feeling.

Most of us seem to agree when we're out and about or busy or having a good social time, we don't worry about our complaints so much. So maybe you can get Mum involved in things, I don't know how old you are, but I know when my teenage daughter would bring her mates around I'd enjoy their company, and have a gigggle with them. If Mum is tired, all the usuals things like cook a meal or prepare veges I'm sure she'd be so grateful for. Maybe run a bath for her to relax.

Be understanding if she can't suddenly remember something, or is tired from lack of sleep. Listen to her if she needs to share how she feels. It is a tough time, but we do all get through it seems, and most seem to come out the other side their normal old self.

Good luck

Jude

I think you are wonderful to care enough to ask for help for your Mum who you obviously love a lot.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #3
JinL
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Get her a copy of Suzzane Summer's book, "The Sexy Years".

Old 05-02-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
twanger
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

The best thing that you can do for your mom is to give her this website. She can join and post any of her concerns and get the support she needs.

She does need support because meno can drain her as she cycles throught the symptoms. This board, and this board only, gave me the support I needed. I read every book I could get my hands on and nothing helped.

You cannot make this better for her. It is a natural thing that women have to go through. Going through it is tough and she can make it with caring support. Here, she would get that support.

It helped me so much.

Closed Thread