It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

BC Pill Yasmin Making Things Worse?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
MHDwyane
(female)

MHDwyane HB User
Unhappy BC Pill Yasmin Making Things Worse?

It seems that since I started back on BC things have gotten worse. I am 41 and wondering if anyone else had that problem? I went on Yasmin, but I have decrease libido, GI problems,tingling in my hands and feet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: BC Pill Yasmin Making Things Worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDwyane
It seems that since I started back on BC things have gotten worse. I am 41 and wondering if anyone else had that problem? I went on Yasmin, but I have decrease libido, GI problems,tingling in my hands and feet.

How long have you been taking Yasmin? I am also taking bcp for perimenopausal symptoms and have been for a year. I had to switch three times to find one that made a substantial difference. I must say that it did take several weeks before I noticed that the pill was helping somewhat with my symptoms. Unfortunately, I had to switch to a higher dosage bcp because those low dose pills just weren't doing the job...I don't want to mislead you, because I'm still having symptoms, but they have become less severe, less frequent, and somewhat managable. Of course I'm still striving to feel 100% like my old self, but I'd say that I'm about 75-80% there.

Oh, yeah I also had the low libido, which was corrected after several months on Wellbutrin . I'm still dealing with the GI problems and occasionally the tingling in my left foot, but I had these symptoms before taking bcp.

Closed Thread