It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Periomenopause and Periods

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
MaryAnn
(female)

MaryAnn HB User
Periomenopause and Periods

I am 43. I'm pretty sure I have been having some signs of peri since I turned 40. My doctor told me I was a little young for that but after hearing others stories, I know I'm not to young. Anyhow, what is bothering me the most is the irregular periods. I might have it every two weeks and then as now, I haven't had it for 40 days. It just makes me very nervous to not get a period. I am not at a point in my life where I would want anymore children and I find this rather scary not knowing what's going on. I'm interested in others stories on this and how long this has gone on for them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
Stavia
(female)

Stavia HB User
Re: Periomenopause and Periods

I'm post meno now. My periods started getting irregular 6 years before meno. I started skipping periods the following year. I had 10 periods that year, then 6 in each of the next 3 years, and then 3 in the final year.

I was actually more nervous the year that my periods started getting irregular; I had 16 of them that year. Some were just spotting for a few days; some went on and on for as long as 2 weeks. My doctor sent me off for tests to rule out endometrial cancer. That was really nerve wracking.

Mostly though, it was just an annoyance, especially at work. I always had to have supplies with me; I was always running to the bathroom to see what was going on. I was really happy when they finally stopped.

Closed Thread