It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

A Little Help PLease

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
shebeeCOOL
(female)

shebeeCOOL HB User
Unhappy A Little Help PLease

I'm not going to write my entire story here, but I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago and have been dealing with sleep issues since then. It just so happens I landed a full time teaching jobs several month later. To make a long story short, my sleep problems have been growing progressively worse over the past five years or so.

I went to a GYN this year that is also practices natual medicine. I did a saliva test. Decided to try the progesterone cream. Well... I've been experiencing a great deal of nausea throughout the day. I gave my doc a call to find out if I might be using too much, but he wasn't available at the time, so I left a message. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I've been using it for a week and it hasn't helped the sleep at all.

Last edited by shebeeCOOL; 05-05-2005 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
JinL
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: A Little Help PLease

Try one 3 mg Melatonin tablet 1/2 hour befor bedtime.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
ainfante
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebeeCOOL
I'm not going to write my entire story here, but I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago and have been dealing with sleep issues since then. It just so happens I landed a full time teaching jobs several month later. To make a long story short, my sleep problems have been growing progressively worse over the past five years or so.

I went to a GYN this year that is also practices natual medicine. I did a saliva test. Decided to try the progesterone cream. Well... I've been experiencing a great deal of nausea throughout the day. I gave my doc a call to find out if I might be using too much, but he wasn't available at the time, so I left a message. Has anyone else experienced this? BTW, I've been using it for a week and it hasn't helped the sleep at all.

It really takes time to work. The progesterone could be causing the nausea, it is a hormone. Try to cut back some. It might be too strong for u or maybe u r doing too many doses.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
shebeeCOOL
(female)

shebeeCOOL HB User

Thanks for the responses. I used half of what I normally do and had no nausea on Friday, although I did experience a little this morning upon waking this morning (Sat).

Closed Thread