It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Post Menopausal Bleeding - need advice

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
Honeygram1
(female)

Honeygram1 HB User
Unhappy Post Menopausal Bleeding - need advice

I'm 58 years old and have not had a period in over 3 years. Then I had a four day regular period the beginning of April. Immediately saw my OBGYN and he did pelvic exam (said uterus was enlarged), uterine biopsy (ouch), had blood drawn and ultrasound both external and internal. The biopsy came back showing no cancer cells, the ultrasound showed quite a few fibroids with the largest being 2.5" diameter. I forgot to ask if the lining was thick. The blood test showed one of my hormone levels as normal for menopause, but the other tested in the range definitely not yet in menopause. Also my cholesterol was 225 and I am about 30 lbs (ok, maybe 40 lbs) overweight. The doctor said that since I had never had children or taken hormones I was at higher risk for uterine cancer and basically gave me a choice of having a D&C to check further or just going straight to a hysterectomy. He advises I have the hysterectomy, but I chose the D&C. Now I'm starting to wonder why the hormone level tested that way and why I having bleeding. I had midmonth feelings similar to ovulation and then had another normal period last week. I'm getting really concerned that something is seriously wrong and I'm not going to take drastic enough measures. I don't want the D&C to turn up nothing and then worry every month that something is askew. Could it be something with my ovaries? I just had full hip replacement surgery in mid-January and am starting to feel like I'm falling apart! HELP!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
krickette
(female)

krickette HB User
Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding - need advice

Do the D&C not the hysto..... fibroids will cause the bleeding and sometimes you will pass huge blood clots. After the D&C you should be fine

Closed Thread