It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Has Peri Changed Your Appetite?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
LT1215
(female)

LT1215 HB User
Has Peri Changed Your Appetite?

Is anyone finding that their peri symptoms have affected and/or changed their appetite? I have found that even when I am hungry, sometimes I don't know what I want to eat....it's like I have less interest and nothing sounds good anymore a lot of the time, although I need to eat regularly or I will feel even worse. Sometimes I have to stick to foods that are easy to get down, like a bowl of oatmeal or a yogurt. Sugary treats, even chocolate, that were not only enticing before, but irresistable, don't even interest me much these days. I am eating mostly only healthy foods, and trying to make sure that I eat enough. I also find that I get full faster, so I'm eating smaller mini meals more often. Perhaps it's all the anxiety I am feeling that's causing this? What are your experiences...do you have more or less of an appetite with peri?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
kittenlover

kittenlover HB User
Re: Has Peri Changed Your Appetite?

My appetite has also changed. I noticed I simply could not eat as much as I did simply due to age (at 37 or so). Previously, I could out-eat athletic men; now, I would die. Also, some months I am nauseaus and the thought of food is unappealing. Other times, the hunger is unbelievable and I feel like a teen with PMS.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Has Peri Changed Your Appetite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1215
Is anyone finding that their peri symptoms have affected and/or changed their appetite? I have found that even when I am hungry, sometimes I don't know what I want to eat....it's like I have less interest and nothing sounds good anymore a lot of the time, although I need to eat regularly or I will feel even worse. Sometimes I have to stick to foods that are easy to get down, like a bowl of oatmeal or a yogurt. Sugary treats, even chocolate, that were not only enticing before, but irresistable, don't even interest me much these days. I am eating mostly only healthy foods, and trying to make sure that I eat enough. I also find that I get full faster, so I'm eating smaller mini meals more often. Perhaps it's all the anxiety I am feeling that's causing this? What are your experiences...do you have more or less of an appetite with peri?

This looks like a post that I could have written . Like yourself food just isn't as appealing, my appetite is less than before peri, I find myself eating just to keep my blood sugar from dropping rapidly, I don't eat beef, very little chicken and a small amount of fish. I've basically become a borderline vegeterian. I've also noticed that carbs. cause my stomach to become upset or flares up my acid reflux. Mainly it's carbs. made from white flour. Since the joy (not)of peri has began I am also eating a lot healthier.

Closed Thread