It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Just wondering

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
washee

washee HB User
Just wondering

I am not sure if I truely am peri menopausal or not but I am sure having some wonky things going on with my body. One that concerns me is my skin. I have more acne on my face now than I did when I was a teenager. Is this a symptom? My periods are all screwed up, I have menstral cramps any time during the month. Between periods spotting. Aches and pains in my body and not depression but sadness for no reason. Unexplained anxiety. No sex drive. I just turned 38. Sound like peri??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
littlejmb
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
Re: Just wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by washee
I am not sure if I truely am peri menopausal or not but I am sure having some wonky things going on with my body. One that concerns me is my skin. I have more acne on my face now than I did when I was a teenager. Is this a symptom? My periods are all screwed up, I have menstral cramps any time during the month. Between periods spotting. Aches and pains in my body and not depression but sadness for no reason. Unexplained anxiety. No sex drive. I just turned 38. Sound like peri??
Hi Washee

It definitely sounds like Peri! I didn't start having symptoms until my mid forties, but everyone is different. It was about then that my periods starting coming farther and farther apart, the sadness, anxiety, lowered sex drive. I am in menopause now and my face has had some really major breakouts and you're right, it's as bad as being a teenager again, and ever so embarrassing. I went to the dermatologist and she gave me Differin cream to use on mine to keep it under control. I really noticed the sadness and anxiety really bad. It's not fun is it! I finally got so depressed this year and the anxiety was so bad I went to my gynocologist and he put me on Lexapro and it has done wonders for me. Hang in there - it WILL get worse before it gets better

Old 05-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User
Re: Just wondering

If you have been to the dr. to rule out thyroid, I'd say it definitely sounds like perimenopause. I also started having symptoms in my late 30's...I must say mild symptoms. It wasn't until I turned 41 that my symptoms escalated to severe...that's when the anxiety, panic attacks, spacey/unreal feeling, internal shakes, insomnia, and depression arrived. Like other ladies here I had every test you can think of to rule out other possible ailments. A dr. finally diagnosed me with anxiety disorder, but I just knew that it had to be more than that because despite the antidepressants and antianxiety medication I was still having the symptoms listed above. With my very first hormone patch, with in an hour, I was able to get up off my sofa and had the desire to cook, clean, laugh, and function. Let me stop rambling.

Closed Thread