It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Reassurance

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
ronmac
(female)

ronmac HB User
Reassurance

This is my first post. I just need reassurance that I do not have some horrifying disease. I started having symptoms in October. These symptoms started with a panic attack and a trip to the ER because I was sure I was having a seizure or stroke. Since then I still have funky symptoms.
  • one - side headache or shooting pains
  • Tingling fingers and feet
  • Stinging places on legs or arms (similar to stinging feeling you get when you handle insulation)
  • Leg cramps and pain
  • Muscle pain (My muscles feel as thought they have ran a marathon)
  • Anxiety
  • Irritability
  • Neck Pain at the base of my neck along with swolllen lymph nodes

This is just the few that I am currently experiencing. I have also had the heart palps and hurting chest, etc. My gynecologist put me on a low dose estrogen patch which has helped with some of the symptoms. However, I cannot seem to get it out of my head that I have some horrible disease or blood clots. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
jacqbu
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: Reassurance

This sounds so familiar. Trust me we all have felt the way you do. I started over a year ago and for months was convinced I was dying. It was horrible. Read the post that list symptoms. I will move it to the top.
Hang in there.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:44 AM   #3
southjerseymom
(female)

southjerseymom HB User

Yes, do hang in there! I, too, thought I had some horrible disease! Read the list of symptoms . It will make you feel"better"! You are definitely not alone. We can all relate. WELCOME!

Old 05-26-2005, 04:18 AM   #4
ssMarilyn
Inactive
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User

Some of your symptoms sound like hypothyroidism, which is common in women from 40 yrs on up. I have hypothyroidism, so know what it's like. Get tested by your doctor asap so that if you do have thyroid disease, you can nip it in the bud. Don't wait til you crash bigtime like I did, because then it can take years to get your thyroid back to normal, and I mean years of fatigue, depression, muscle pain, foggy head, hair loss, dry skin and more! Don't wait, get your thyroid tested asap!

M

Old 05-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #5
ronmac
(female)

ronmac HB User

Thanks for the responses. I did have bloodwork done after my first bout with the ER. The doctor performed a SED test, along with a thyroid test. They said that all of the tests were normal. These odd head pains, neck pains and a swollen lymph node are the most worrisome symptoms at the moment.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 AM   #6
JinL
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Read Suzanne Somer's book, "The Sexy Years"

Old 06-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
babydog

babydog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmac
This is my first post. I just need reassurance that I do not have some horrifying disease. I started having symptoms in October. These symptoms started with a panic attack and a trip to the ER because I was sure I was having a seizure or stroke. Since then I still have funky symptoms.
  • one - side headache or shooting pains
  • Tingling fingers and feet
  • Stinging places on legs or arms (similar to stinging feeling you get when you handle insulation)
  • Leg cramps and pain
  • Muscle pain (My muscles feel as thought they have ran a marathon)
  • Anxiety
  • Irritability
  • Neck Pain at the base of my neck along with swolllen lymph nodes

This is just the few that I am currently experiencing. I have also had the heart palps and hurting chest, etc. My gynecologist put me on a low dose estrogen patch which has helped with some of the symptoms. However, I cannot seem to get it out of my head that I have some horrible disease or blood clots. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone.
Hello Ronmac

I was wondering how you were doing since you posted this. I remember seeing this and was reassured by your post and the responses as I am struggling with many of the symptoms you list here and have been fearing having blood clots and heart disease like yourself. I am being treated for anxiety and have had a lot of tests yet new symptoms pop up everyday. Sometimes I just can't keep up with my body. I would go back to the doctor again but I am just so tired of going because everytime I go I have a different complaint. It's less stressful to come onto this board and vent.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
ronmac
(female)

ronmac HB User

If you asked me a couple of days ago how I was doing, I would have said great. However, the last couple of days have been really bad. New symptoms pop up for me also and I understand completely about not wanting to go to the doctor. Last night, I had a pretty bad anxiety attack. I get so frustrated because I cannot seem to control the attacks or the symptoms. Currently, my worst symptoms include full feeling in my ears, along with the bad headaches and tingling. It is so hard for me to believe that all of this is brought on my anxiety and/or peri-menopause. Hopefully, we will both feel better soon. Keep me posted on how you are doing.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
babydog

babydog HB User

Hi Ronmac

Yes I definitely will keep in touch. This is a great support network here.
I hope you are feeling better soon. Cleearly we both have good days and bad days. How ironic. I happen to be having a good day today. No cramp in left calf today. yipee!

Closed Thread