It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

I think I might have started menopause

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2005, 09:50 AM   #1
angelstar
(female)

angelstar HB User
I think I might have started menopause

I am prob the youngest on here at 29 but I had a hysterectomy (overies taken out) last November went on HRT for a bit but then had to stop cos I broke out into a rash but I know I think I have started now. I have these problems.

1) Insomia and feeling tired but can't sleep but then having a feeling of what if I can't sleep tonight and a sense of draed to go with it. I can also can get some sleep but not for much long.
2) tired all the time but can't sleep
3)panic and anieity attacks for no reason
4) loss of appietite
5) nervous and always worried about something (most of crap what if I can't sleep tonight will something bad happen to me?)
6) not being my nomal self
7) bloated stomach with cramps and I know this sounds weird but pee smells different.
8)headaches
9) dryness down below
10)scared and frighted

Is this menopause? If it is how long will it take for HRT to start to work and would I have to take sleeping pills?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
jacqbu
Veteran
(female)

jacqbu HB User
Re: I think I might have started menopause

It sounds like menopause to me. Your hormones are all out of wack. I don't use HRT so someone else will have to answer that one. Hang in there and read some of the posts.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
Sissypie
Veteran
(female)

Sissypie HB User

First off...I'm sorry that you are having to deal with so many symptoms at such a young age.

It seems like you do have a lot of the classic symptoms that the ladies discuss here on a regular basis.

I can certainly relate to the insomnia one for sure. I've had it almost continually for the past 3 months. At one point I was sleeping about 15-30 minutes at a time, and then waking up. Each time it was nearly impossible to get back to sleep too. I've been seriously dragging for months now. After awhile it does cause anxiety because you become obsessed with forcing yourself to try and sleep, but can't.

I am trying not to take any prescription HRT's, so I don't know how long they take to kick in. I'm just in the beginning stages, so I'm sure I'll deal with more symptoms along the way.

My mother in law had some insomnia problems, and was able to stop the cycle by taking sleeping pills for about 4 days. It was just enough to allow her to get back on a decent schedule.

I hope you can get some relief for the insomnia, and other symptoms that you are having. Sometimes just being exhausted makes the other symptoms that much worse too.

Best wishes to you.

Sandi

Old 06-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
molly123
Senior Veteran
(female)

molly123 HB User

Hi angelstar,
Because you had a full hysterectomy, you're body is no longer producing estrogen and you have been forced into early menopause, which often means you need to be on HRT. If you're not on it, you will experience those symptoms. My sister got a full hysterectomy at age 52 but she isn't on HRT and doesn't have any unbearable symptoms probably because she was already in menopause. All the women I know that had a hyst in their younger years are all on HRT it seems. You should check out another board called something like the hysterectomy sisters (or hystsisters). You also should talk to your dr. about other HRTs or possiblities if the one you used didn't work for you.

Sorry you have to go thru this at such a young age too!

take care,
molly

Old 06-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #5
angelstar
(female)

angelstar HB User

I got a good night sleep last night for 8 hours but I kept on waking up and then having that dread feeling what if I can't go back to sleep again.
My mum got me some herbal sleeping tablets today and it also said on the packet for nervourness so I thought I'll see about that. I also got these herbal menopause tablets too which I have to take 3 times a day....I just wonder how long it will take until it kicks in.

Closed Thread