It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Internal Trembling???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
    Sissypie
    Veteran
    (female)

Sissypie HB User
    Question Internal Trembling???

Has anyone had what feels like internal trembling?

When I went to bed last night I had that feeling, and it lasted until about 1 AM. I wasn't shaking on the outside at all, but could feel waves of what I can only describe as nerves inside. I guess it could be similar to having too much caffeine, but I don't drink coffee at all. The only caffeine I have is in diet coke, but drank that about noon so I wouldn't think that was the cause.

Anyone else have this before? Is it perimenopause related?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User
    Re: Internal Trembling???

Yes, it is. Just one of the few lovely symptoms a lot of us get. I call it my own personal earthquake. I can also equate it with being dunked in a glass of gingerale.
    Kind of like little bubbles all over your insides???

Old 06-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
    younggranny
    Veteran
    (female)

younggranny HB User

i have had that also. Mine feels like i am actually shaking and it is usually only from the waist up. I don't have it when i go to bed, but i will wake up with it during the night and sometimes when i start to wake up in the morning i will feel it,but when i wake up completely the internal trembling goes away...I was hoping that it was not the starting of Parkinson's disease.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
    Hopefully
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefully HB User

When my perimenopause symptoms became severe the internal shakes or what I call the "jitters" was one of the first symptom to appear. Of course it didn't come by itself there was also anxiety, panic attacks, and a long list of other delightful (NOT) symptoms.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
    Hopefully
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefully HB User

When my perimenopause symptoms became severe the internal shakes or what I call the "jitters" was one of the first symptom to appear. Of course it didn't come by itself there was also anxiety, panic attacks, and a long list of other delightful (NOT) symptoms.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #6
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Yes, yes, yes! This was one of my worse symptom! Thank goodness I don't have them anymore. I called them "internal shakes." It hit me the most in the middle of the night while in bed. It would always wake me up and I would feel this sensation like shaking nerves vibrating up and down my entire body. It is the weirdest thing esp. to people who never experienced it. It is like you are having this deep internal anxiety attack, or too much caffeine inside of you and you don't see anything on the outside shaking. I hated it! I got to the point where I would be afraid to go to sleep b/c I wouldn't know if it would hit me that night again or not. The longest I had it at one time was from about 1 a.m. till 6 a.m. At the time, I was also trying not to take any anxiety meds b/c of all the stuff of heard about dependency on it and when I think back, I should've just taken it. I do think I took 1/2 pill once to see if it got things settled down and it did help. My heart goes out to you if you're going thru this!!!

molly

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sissypie
    Has anyone had what feels like internal trembling?

When I went to bed last night I had that feeling, and it lasted until about 1 AM. I wasn't shaking on the outside at all, but could feel waves of what I can only describe as nerves inside. I guess it could be similar to having too much caffeine, but I don't drink coffee at all. The only caffeine I have is in diet coke, but drank that about noon so I wouldn't think that was the cause.

Anyone else have this before? Is it perimenopause related?

Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
    babydog

babydog HB User

I have this problem too, bigtime. It makes it hard for me to relax and go to sleep at night. It also seems to be accompanied by anxiety symptoms, butterflies in my stomach, palpitations, etc. Sometimes it only goes away after I cry or go into a full blown panic attack. This only started about 2 months ago. Before that I was OK. God I hope it goes away soon. I am hopeful because it is not so bad tonight. I'm really tired.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
    babydog

babydog HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by molly123
    Yes, yes, yes! This was one of my worse symptom! Thank goodness I don't have them anymore. I called them "internal shakes." It hit me the most in the middle of the night while in bed. It would always wake me up and I would feel this sensation like shaking nerves vibrating up and down my entire body. It is the weirdest thing esp. to people who never experienced it. It is like you are having this deep internal anxiety attack, or too much caffeine inside of you and you don't see anything on the outside shaking. I hated it! I got to the point where I would be afraid to go to sleep b/c I wouldn't know if it would hit me that night again or not. The longest I had it at one time was from about 1 a.m. till 6 a.m. At the time, I was also trying not to take any anxiety meds b/c of all the stuff of heard about dependency on it and when I think back, I should've just taken it. I do think I took 1/2 pill once to see if it got things settled down and it did help. My heart goes out to you if you're going thru this!!!

molly
    Hey Molly
    I read your posts on this board with great interest. Did the Paxil CR relieve this problem for you????

Old 06-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #9
    Sissypie
    Veteran
    (female)

Sissypie HB User

Well, as annoying as it is....I'm glad that someone else is able to understand what I'm talking about. I tried to explain it to my husband, but he just looked at me like I was nuts.

Like one of the posts suggested....I was hoping that it wasn't something serious like Parkinsons or MS. A couple weeks ago I had a twitch in my left thumb that lasted a couple days, and that had me concerned too.

I really appreciate your imput. Sure is hard to relax enough to sleep when you feel like you are plugged into a light socket!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Sandi

Old 06-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #10
    babydog

babydog HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sissypie
    Well, as annoying as it is....I'm glad that someone else is able to understand what I'm talking about. I tried to explain it to my husband, but he just looked at me like I was nuts.

Like one of the posts suggested....I was hoping that it wasn't something serious like Parkinsons or MS. A couple weeks ago I had a twitch in my left thumb that lasted a couple days, and that had me concerned too.

I really appreciate your imput. Sure is hard to relax enough to sleep when you feel like you are plugged into a light socket!

Have a good night everyone!!!

Sandi
    Plugged into a light socket - perfect description!!!!

Old 06-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Hi everyone, I have had those internal shakes too - but mine weren't at night - they were during the day. I could only describe it as that it felt like my nerves inside were crawling - but I am sure we're talking about the same thing. It was usually when I was really nervous and anxious. Right now it's hard to remember exactly what it felt like, but not pleasant, that's for sure. Wonder what causes that? It's so strange!

Jackie

Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 AM   #12
    Wink
    (female)

Wink HB User

YES! And sometimes along with it my right eye will twitch like mad. Drives me crazy. When this particular symptom first started it scared the daylights out of me. Sometimes it will last for only a short time, but sometimes it can go on for hours, and be pretty intense.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #13
    rmc12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi,

Yes I have got this feeling too and it is scary when you first get it as it seems to come out of the blue. I did take an anxiety med when I first experienced it, a xanax and it seemed to help. I have not had this feeling often but I empathize as it is so unsettling!!

Take care,

rmc

Last edited by rmc12; 06-17-2005 at 09:15 AM.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #14
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

Hi Babydog (what a cute username!!)

To answer your question, the Paxil CR helped me feel better overall immediately. I don't think it got rid of the internal shakes specifically. Think it helped me manage or handle things better. I know that I felt better enough where I was able to sit long enough to do research on the net and there's where I found out that others had the same thing and they even called it "internal shakes". The ladies on that board all recommended to take Magnesium and from there I started taking it regliously. To this day, I still do because I am so scared it would come back. I started with 500 mg during the day and 500 mg at bedtime.

I also had the eye twitching thing that lasted for weeks, which was not the normal eye twitching one would get. In the past, it would only last a day or two.

Those of you worried about MS - I have read if a woman have MS it would often if not always hit them around age 35-36 and it's usually numbness. A friend of mine underwent lots of tests for MS and was told the same thing.

molly

Last edited by molly123; 06-17-2005 at 09:18 AM.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #15
    Sissypie
    Veteran
    (female)

Sissypie HB User

The other twitches must be connected to the "jitters" too. I've had the eye lid twitches a couple times, and then a couple weeks ago I had my thumb doing it. Those were very annoying, but they didn't frighten me as much as that feeling through my whole body did.

Gee...I wonder if we burn extra calories during the shakes? hahaha

Last edited by Sissypie; 06-17-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Closed Thread