It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Where do you ache?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
    viktik
    Veteran
    (female)

viktik HB User
    Where do you ache?

Hi gals,

I seem to be aching in my legs and shoulders a lot lately. I've read that muscles aches are common during Peri. Do any of you have the aching, and if so, where? It always helps if I know I'm not the only one!

viktik

The following user gives a hug of support to viktik:
    fena (03-31-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 AM   #2
    babydog

babydog HB User
    Re: Where do you ache?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by viktik
    Hi gals,

I seem to be aching in my legs and shoulders a lot lately. I've read that muscles aches are common during Peri. Do any of you have the aching, and if so, where? It always helps if I know I'm not the only one!

viktik
    My legs ache too particularly my left calve muscle. There are times when I think it is a pulled muscle but then there are days when I don't have it and then it comes back so that doesn't suggest an injury. It feels tight at times like I need to stretch the muscle so I point my toes upward toward my body to stretch it. That seems to help somewhat.

My shoulders ache sometimes too and I feel that is anxiety. I just make it a point to relax my shoulders when I catch myself hunched up.

Gail

Old 08-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
    danigirl
    (female)

danigirl HB User

Everywhere, and yes it is part of perimeno. Next question?

Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #4
    alwaysaworrier
    (female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Recently calf muscles ache in the mornings when I wake up and stretch. Often wondered if it was another symptom
    Maggie

Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
    girlgato
    (female)

girlgato HB Usergirlgato HB User

I also have the aching legs - attributed it to the warm, humid weather we are having, but, maybe its just one more symptom of perimenopause, along with everything else!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
    molly123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

molly123 HB User

I ache on my right side...sometimes the hip bone, the butt muscle, the waist area, the lower back. My spine bone area seems to click and clak, which my dr. said it's nothing to worry about. My legs/calves don't ache at all but I notice a stiffness above my knee caps. Can't jump/spring up like I used to!

My sister who is just a year older has knee problems to the point where she have to be on crutches or use a cane. She recently said her left calf muscle hurts to the point where it feels like she has a constant cramp.

Went for my physical today and the dr. said it is very common and normal to us to start having aches/pain/stiffness as we get older. We have to stay active, keep moving or it will get worse.

molly

Old 08-05-2005, 05:06 AM   #7
    babydog

babydog HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by molly123
    I ache on my right side...sometimes the hip bone, the butt muscle, the waist area, the lower back. My spine bone area seems to click and clak, which my dr. said it's nothing to worry about. My legs/calves don't ache at all but I notice a stiffness above my knee caps. Can't jump/spring up like I used to!

My sister who is just a year older has knee problems to the point where she have to be on crutches or use a cane. She recently said her left calf muscle hurts to the point where it feels like she has a constant cramp.

Went for my physical today and the dr. said it is very common and normal to us to start having aches/pain/stiffness as we get older. We have to stay active, keep moving or it will get worse.

molly
    Hi Molly,

Is your sister calf muscle pain connected to her knee problems?

Closed Thread