It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Symptoms of Magnesium deficiency....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
    Wink
    (female)

Wink HB User
    Symptoms of Magnesium deficiency....

Hi everyone,

Since many of us take a magnesium supplement and found that we think it helps some of our peri symptoms, I was curious and did a quick (very unscientific) search on the internet of "symptoms of magnesium deficiency" and found a surprising number of the symptoms I have been experiencing. Here are some that were listed:

twitches (I have been bothered by eye twitches)
    muscle tension
    muscle soreness
    back aches
    neck pain
    tension headaches
    insomnia
    restlessness
    panic attacks (oh yeah!)
    numbness and tingling (I get this in my hands and feet)
    palpitations
    premenstrual irritability

There were a lot of websites that listed symptoms, and the ones I had time to check listed a lot of the same symptoms. Just found this to be interesting information!

J.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
    I C Hot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I C Hot HB User
    Re: Symptoms of Magnesium deficiency....

Hi Wink,

Thank you for the information. I never would have thought that magnesium deficiency would have these symptoms. Really looks the same as menopause symptoms. I will need to do some checking on that. What is the amount they recommend daily?

Have a great day! Julie

Old 10-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #3
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wink
    Hi everyone,

Since many of us take a magnesium supplement and found that we think it helps some of our peri symptoms, I was curious and did a quick (very unscientific) search on the internet of "symptoms of magnesium deficiency" and found a surprising number of the symptoms I have been experiencing. Here are some that were listed:

twitches (I have been bothered by eye twitches)
    muscle tension
    muscle soreness
    back aches
    neck pain
    tension headaches
    insomnia
    restlessness
    panic attacks (oh yeah!)
    numbness and tingling (I get this in my hands and feet)
    palpitations
    premenstrual irritability

There were a lot of websites that listed symptoms, and the ones I had time to check listed a lot of the same symptoms. Just found this to be interesting information!

J.

U r so right about these symptoms and magnesium and magnesium will help with these symtpoms. I had a blood test and my magnesium was good. But I still get the eye twitches and anxiety, with many other of these above symptoms and they are just part of the perimenopause transition. Take the magnesium anyways, we all need it.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
    Gaitsofgold

Gaitsofgold HB User

I take 400mg a day. Went I went to the ER when I had a very bad episode of irregular heartbeats, they checked my magnesium level right after doing an EKG. It was normal, but I still take it daily. The ER doctor said I could take 500mg three times a day, but I've found that if I take more than 400mg daily, I get diarrhea. So start out slowly.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gaitsofgold
    I take 400mg a day. Went I went to the ER when I had a very bad episode of irregular heartbeats, they checked my magnesium level right after doing an EKG. It was normal, but I still take it daily. The ER doctor said I could take 500mg three times a day, but I've found that if I take more than 400mg daily, I get diarrhea. So start out slowly.

Yes and also you can take it with calcium and mag together. Then you wont' have the diarrhea

Old 10-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #6
    SLyon
    (female)

SLyon HB User

twice as much calcium as magnesium ... that's the formula.
    but take the calcium 2 hours away from any other medication as it tends to block absorption of just about everything.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 AM   #7
    rmc12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rmc12 HB User

Hi, this thread interests me as I have been having a bit of the heart palps not a lot and some of the other things on that list too which you posted. What confuses me is how much to take and when, as I hear about calcium and Mag and it totally confuses me as all this supplement info does for some reason. So...when I saw you andrea say that if you took it with calcium one would not get diarhhea...do you mean take at the same time or is there one that has calcium in it ??? I am not a good pill taker and things bother my stomach so I do not want to add something that does.

Thanks for any info and input,
    rmc

Closed Thread