It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Never ending period, please help with advice!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
    danigirl
    (female)

danigirl HB User
    Never ending period, please help with advice!

I have been on my period for 10 days now, with 3 days before that of spotting. I am 49 and have posted on here quite a bit. Is this pretty normal for this time in my life? It isn't a heavy period just constant with little tiny clots. It will get lighter late in the day, being more like a regular period in the morning and early afternoon. I was on natural compounded progesterone - 1/16 of a tablespoon once a day before I started bleeding along with two homeopathic remedies. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Just have never experienced it being this long with average amount of blood flow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
    MommaBee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MommaBee HB User
    Re: Never ending period, please help with advice!

Hi there!
    I am 49 also and in the what I believe to be the final part of perimenopause. I have had so many different periods in the last year, I have stopped trying to figure out what kind it will be next. The longest period that I had was for 3 weeks. It started out as a normal period and after 7 days started to lighten up to spotting for a day and then a heavy flow again for another 3 days and then spotting and then back to a heavy one again. That went on for the whole 3 weeks. I thought it would never stop. I went through 2 1/2 boxes of 40 tampons and 2 packs of pads. Wish I had stock in those companies! LOL! I then went on to have somewhat regular periods until August. After that one, I just stopped having them. I just now am having a very, very light pink one. I am not even sure I would call it a period, but my ovaries have been giving me pain for the last month. But that is 3 1/2 months without one.
    So you see, it is a roller coaster ride for sure. As our ovaries start to shut down, so many different things start to happen. I haven't done any homopathic remedies except for a soy supplement and some B vitamins. Guess I am just toughing it out.
    One more thing, make sure that you are getting enough iron and B12 right now, as you don't want to get anemic. Then make an appointment to see your doctor to rule out anything more serious.
    Wishing you well!

Closed Thread