It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• peri-menopause & pmdd anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
    julie39180
    (female)

julie39180 HB User
    Question peri-menopause & pmdd anyone?

hello everyone,
    its been a while since i have been on the boards, been buzzy moving and still trying to get settled in and adjusting after 7 months..
    anywaz..
    i am going though peri-menopause and i aslo have pmdd.. yea and it all suxs.. i wear a climara .0375 patch and change it weeekly and i also take prometrium 200 mg. starting 16 days after my period and take it for 12 days..
    but it doesnt seem like it is working... i have been on depression med. on and off for 5 yrs and everything i have tried, either doesnt work or after so long of being on it, it stops working (usually after 6 months or so!) so im at wits end.. my moods are getting pretty bad, staying upset and seem to cry over everything, also having panic attacks when getting upset. it also is effecting my marriage. i start fights and feel like im not happy and just want to leave.. and WHY??? i have a great husband and i know its ALL ME..
    my dr. has prescribed me wellbutrin, to go with the patch.. been there done that... i havent gotten it filled yet..still thinking about it.. i really dont wont to, since being off my last depression med. i feel better, dont take naps or fell groggy, spaced out or in lala land and i have energy and atcually SLEEP ALL NIGHT.. so should i get it filled?? what would u do?
    sorry for ranting on.. anywaz..
    but i was just woundering, FOR U GIRLS OUT THERE GOING THRUGH PERI-MENO PAUSE AND HAVE PMDD..or JUST GOING THRUGH PERI-MENO?? OR HAVING PMDD??? WHAT ARE U TAKING AND IS IT HELPING??? im open to any suggestings...
    does it get better?? im starting to think NOT... like there is no hope for me, or am i going mental??? anyone else out there feel like me?
    thnks fo letting me rant on and on.. and looking forward to hearing from any of u...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
    julie39180
    (female)

julie39180 HB User
    Talking Re: peri-menopause & pmdd anyone?

hello shana,
    thnks for the reply, sorry i havent gotten back soon but i havent been online much.. still tring to get over the holidays and get the kids back into school...
    im not sure why the dr. wanted to put me on the wellbutrin, she just said try the wellubutrin with the patch.. i have been on alot of the ssri's and they just didnt seems to work for me.. as for the panic attacks, i think its because i was getting so upset.. but i am sleeping better and my moods are getting better... i also take the prometruim 200 mg. and i have noticed that this month wasnt as bad as last month, when i got ready to start my period, and i havent been on the prometrium that long, i think this makes 3 months.. so maybe its just kicking in.. although i have noticed my periods are gettting father away and im going a little heavyer than usual.. i have had my estradiol levels checks but i cant remember what they were.. so far its been a not to bad month for me. lol.. but i know i will have to call dr. again before to long and check in with her.. and im sure do more blood work to keep a check on it..
    im hoping things will get better for me.. thnks again for the reply....

Closed Thread