It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Has anyone else had a day like this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
    viktik
    Veteran
    (female)

viktik HB User
    Has anyone else had a day like this?

Hi everyone,

The other day at work, after lunch, I started getting very blurred vision, terrible nausea, pain and tightness in my calves, crashing fatigue and sleepiness, and the tingling and burning skin. It seems like every symptom hit me at one time. I walked down the hall toward the ladies room, and I was so off-balanced, it was scary. After a while, some of it seemed to settle down (except for the stomach woes), and since I was at work, I had to finish out the day, but what I really wanted to do was go to sleep! I have not had a period for two months now, and it seems like I feel worse WITHOUT my periods, than I did WITH them! Is this all part of the "winding down" of my reproductive years?? Has anyone else had a day like this??

Thanks so much everyone for any responses--I know we all just want this to be over!

Have a nice weekend...

Lynn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
    peace4me
    (female)

peace4me HB User
    Re: Has anyone else had a day like this?

Oh yes, been there and done that!!! And even though I'm on HRT I still get some symptoms but just not near as bad, except for the calf tightness. At times that is really bad.
    Take care

Old 04-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User

hi,i am 47 and had many days like that the first one my hubby took me to a&e had loads since and can tell you becoming anxiuos about them only makes it worse i also got into a panic about it happening again and its enough to make it happen, stay in control read and understand what is happening to you and you will fair much better,i also found a good quolity ie expensive multi vitimain for peri really helped, though give it a month to kick in,sad mum

Old 04-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
    shell1
    (female)

shell1 HB User

Yes, I have definitely had days like that. Thank God on the days I felt so horrible I did not have to go to work. I think if I was at work I might have passed out. Just remember this too shall pass. I know it's hard to think of light at the end of the tunnel, but there is. It does get better.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
    LINSCYCLIST
    (female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User

I was working in an office in a temp job up until December until I had to give it up due to too many days like you described. I didn't know it was all due to peri until recently. Some days I really struggled to get through the day with blurred vision, acute dizziness, a feeling of being lop sided when walking about, feeling I could have a panic attack, sometimes breathless. I was spending more and more time in the ladies room. I kept having these strange feelings like my mouth would go really dry and i couldn't swallow. I had all the tests - Mri etc but the blood tests confimred perimenopause.

I gave up work in the end - my partner is very supportive and he told me to rest and I now do a few hours a week in his business from home. When the drowsiness comes on I can now rest.
    I really sympathise
    Linda

Closed Thread