It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Enlarged uterus - strange question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
    delaney1
    (female)

delaney1 HB User
    Enlarged uterus - strange question

I had a pelvic ultrasound done about a couple months ago because of heavy prolonged bleeding. Besides a very thickened endometrial wall (for which I had a D & C/hysteroscopy done -- neg. biopsy) my uterus is enlarged to about 12 week pregnancy size. I've been reading some things about adenomyosis but nothing was mentioned by the dr. about that being a possibility. My question is, any of you who have or had adenomyosis (or just an enlarged uterus) can you actually FEEL like the uterus is alot larger? I almost feel like I'm pregnant in that I feel this "presence" in my abdomen and when I eat, I get full so much faster. Feels like everything is being pushed up under my ribcage. Also alot of diarrhea and gas. I'm 50 yrs old, know I'm going through perimenopause, but just curious about this feeling. I am on norethindrone now because of the bleeding. Anybody help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User
    Re: Enlarged uterus - strange question

I ahd a CAT scan and pelvic U/S in the fall for ovarian cysts. Nothing was ever mentioned about the thickness of my uterus, so I assume it is normal. I do get a felling of "largeness" now and then. I have had discomfort in my upper right side lately too. I really don't know what any of these symptoms mean, but I'm just putting it off to changes in my female organs and digestive tract due to changes hormones. Somedays I think I should buy an U/S machine so I could keep tract of all the changes going on! Hope this helps some, Ann

Old 05-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
    Belle2003
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Belle2003 HB User

About a year ago I suffered daily for months with bloating and lower abdominal pains. The doctor did an ultrasound for ovarian cancer which came out negative. I was still left with the bloating and lower abdominal pains. Someone on this board recommended Anne Gittleman's book "The Pause" where she listed her peri zappers. I checked the book out at the library and bought the supplements that she recommended. Suddenly the bloating and pains were gone after suffering for over six months. I totally believe that her peri zappers have helped me and I continue to take these supplements daily. I don't know exactly which ones did the trick, I just keep taking them all. You may want to check this book out at your library and see what supplements she recommends for all your various peri symptoms. She also recommends exercising which I do regularly.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
    sharongarcia
    (female)

sharongarcia HB User

I have just joined Healthboards forum as member. I am 46 with 3 adult children and also suffered from bloating and when period was due looked about 5 months pregnant- my period would be heavy.After taking diuretics and they didn't work well enough I finally saw my doctor. Am now back on the Pill -Yasmin which is the only one which also controls bloating and it's worked very well. No more PMS, no more bloating as much and my periods are much lighter and not a 'nuisance 'anymore. We travel a lot and I can now control when I get my period. Although I don't need it for birth control (Hubby's had vasectomy 12 yrs ago) it is the best thing I've done.Also am now taking "Menoslim" made by BIOGLAN. I buy it from my pharmacy here in Australia. It's especially for women over 40 to help lose & control the weight gain you get around your tummy once you are pre-menopausal. It helped me a lot. I don't know if you can get it outside of Australia-it's not on Bioglan's website ,but if you contacted them you might get more info. [url]www.bioglan.com.au[/url]

Last edited by sharongarcia; 05-19-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #5
    delaney1
    (female)

delaney1 HB User

Thanks for all the info and advice!

Closed Thread