It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• bleeding after menopause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
    fiftyplus!
    (female)

fiftyplus! HB User
    Question bleeding after menopause

after almost two years, I all of a sudden have what seems like a period again - called my obgyn and am now scheduled for a sonogram and a biopsy - would like to hear of other womens experience, good and/or bad. I have not had hormone replacement therapy or anything like it, went through menopause relatively easily besides the hot flashes etc. Am a bit apprehensive about this whole thing and hope to hear from people, thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
    browneyedsusie
    (female)

browneyedsusie HB User
    Re: bleeding after menopause

Good for you for having the tests that will check everything out throughly. Sometimes it is just a fibroid, cyst or polyp causing the bleed. Even if it was the worst case scenario you were right on it and only those that ignore such symptoms run into trouble. Let us know when your biopsy comes back. I am pre menopausal going through the same tests. Anything I have learned is that even if mine turns out to be the worst it is the easiet to cure. So think positive..you went and had it looked into and thats great.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
    fiftyplus!
    (female)

fiftyplus! HB User
    Smile Re: bleeding after menopause

Hi browneyedsusie - thanks for replying and yes, from everything i have been researching on the net, even if it there is something wrong, I should have caught it early but I remain very hopeful that it is a "mistake" of nature in my body. Am not looking forward to the biopsy, did you have yours done? the worst is waiting for 4 weeks before I have it done - I'll keep you posted and hope you let me know too!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
    marymk
    Veteran
    (female)

marymk HB User

Hi fiftyplus,

A friend of mine had the same thing happen - she got a period after about 2 years into menopause. She had an ultrasound and the biopsy, and it was completly normal. She also never got another period - so I guess this can happen at times.

Mary

Old 10-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
    fiftyplus!
    (female)

fiftyplus! HB User

thanks for replying mary and yes, that is what I am counting on, the only thing is that I would feel better if the bleeding would stop like a regular period. It is now the seventh day and it doesn't seem like it is slowing down.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 AM   #6
    snowfall
    (female)

snowfall HB User
    Lightbulb Re: bleeding after menopause

I had a very similar situation just in the last month. I was done(or at least I thought I was) with menopuase. I went for about 16 months with nothing at all and really no problems either....I guess you could say I breezed through it. About 3 weeks ago...I started getting PMS sympotoms like I used to. ?????? Breast tenderness, bloating, a headache a few days before then....I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like you I looked things up and came to the conclusion to call mydr and check it out. I did. I went just yesterday for the ultra sound and it came back normal. I also had blood tests to check menopause hormones....I was in menopuase for sure.

Now she tells me all is clear BUT if I should get another one to call and then they would do anther test to check further. I am hoping that was it but now of course, its a wait and see kind of thing. It certainly can make a person on edge to say the least.

I hope it was just a one time thing.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:25 AM   #7
    fiftyplus!
    (female)

fiftyplus! HB User

Hi Snowfall

thanks for your post, great that everything is ok with you sofar but I indeed believe that you are going to be on edge for a few months. I have my sono and biopsy on 11/1 so still have to wait another 2 1/2 weeks, but at least the bleeding stopped after 8 days, so I am still assuming the it was a very confused period! but I will be glad if all test are done and come back ok and please no more periods!!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #8
    Linda in TX
    (female)

Linda in TX HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fiftyplus!
    after almost two years, I all of a sudden have what seems like a period again - called my obgyn and am now scheduled for a sonogram and a biopsy - would like to hear of other womens experience, good and/or bad. I have not had hormone replacement therapy or anything like it, went through menopause relatively easily besides the hot flashes etc. Am a bit apprehensive about this whole thing and hope to hear from people, thanks!!
    Hi there,
    I am 55 yrs old - have been through menopause, hot flashes etc. I stopped having my periods for about 6 months & then last November I had my thyroid & a parathyroid removed. Don't know it it had any bearing on it but since the thyroid controls so many things in the body - I'm not sure. I do know that since my surgery last year - I have been bleeding off & on every day. I need to go to by ObGyn too - I can't seem to lose weight - I always seem bloated & if I stop bleeding - it may be for a day or 2 then it starts again. Have you or anyone else on the health board heard of such a thing?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Linda in TX

Closed Thread