It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Ovulation pain on day 25 ofmy cycle!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User
    Ovulation pain on day 25 ofmy cycle!

Hi I am 45 yrs old and the last year things are starting to go haywire.
    I have always suffered from ovulation pain usually starting on day 11 or 12 of my cycle and lasting till day 14. It can be excruitiating and I call it my walking on eggs pain as standing up sitting down and just before I urinate is very painful up my right side of abdomen. I also don't bang my feet down when I walk!!
    I have had a couple of periods lately that have been a few days late and the ovulation pain started on day 18 or so for a day and then I had a very short cycle of 20 days and assumed it was body sorting itself out.
    I have often rushed to my Dr thinking I have appendicitis even though I know this pain is ovulation but it gets so bad I panic ( I have a degree in panic!) and three months ago had a blood test that ruled out appendix and then a pelvic ultrasound that was normal. This was because my ovulation pain had lasted about 6 days! I was told I was at that awkward age and I just had to put up with it or go on birth control pills ( No thanks).
    This cycle I noticed that I hadn't had the usual discharge ( sorry) that occurs midmonth and stil hadn't had it by day 18. It seemed to arrive about day 22 then yesterday day 25 I got terrible ovulation pain on right side. It is even worse today and my common sense brain is saying I am just having a very long cycle this time and the pain wil go in a few days and my period will start in about 12 days BUT the panic side of brain is saying I have never had this before at this time of cycle so maybe it isn't ovulation pain or what do Ido it if does't go away or if Istill have it and period starts???
    Does anyone else suffer bad ovulation pain on right side that last days and what do you think about it happening at this time of cycle.
    the joy of womanhood!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
    Linma2428
    Veteran
    (female)

Linma2428 HB User
    Re: Ovulation pain on day 25 ofmy cycle!

HI Gavi, Everything you wrote I have been going through for a while. I use to always have ovulation pain on the 17th day of the month guess I was an late ovulator. Now I start getting ovulation pain on the 11 day. I sometimes feel like I have it 2 times in a month. Or that it isn't going away. I know the feeling and just have to put up with it. I am hoping when I hit menopause it will finally be over with permanately.

Linda

Old 11-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

Thanks for your reply. Could I be a nuisance and ask if you could describe your ovulation pain as everyone seems to have something different.

I saw my GP yesterday and she said my description of the pain ( hurts if I jolt my abdomen on right side as in banging foot down or sitting down and pain up right side jsut before I urinate) she said some people get terrible pain in bottom when they use loo. She said as I had a clear ultrasound 10 weeks agonothing sinister going on.

I still hve the pain and its now lasted 4 days longer than every before. Dr said if my period doesn;t start this weekend as expected then my cycle is def haywire.

Afraid I am a real worrier about any health symptoms and so far have self diagnosed!!! water works problem - appendicitis and bowel cancer!!

Being a woman with wonky hormones and a vivid imagination is no fun!

Old 11-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
    roland92
    (female)

roland92 HB User

Gavi,
    I also get pain at ovulation. Mine is a sharp pain, like a stab and usually feels worse if I go quickly from a sitting to a standing position. This can last a few days. My ovulation has no set date lately. It happens when it wants to even when my period starts on time. I think because our bodies keep trying to stimulate our egg output and our hormones are weird that things at this stage in the game change every month. It's hard to keep track of what our bodies do each month. I wouldn't drive yourself crazy with worry if your doctor has done tests. Does taking motrin help with your pain and are you currently taking anything for it?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
    Linma2428
    Veteran
    (female)

Linma2428 HB User

Hi Gavi, I am just getting over the ovulation pain today. Mine starts in the lower right side of my pelvis then radites pain out to the surrounding area. I is almost like I am burning inside. If I try to urinate or the other I can't push to go. If I push to do either I get severe rushing pain that makes me break out in a cold sweat. I can feel it in my buttock and like pressure pushing down in my vagina. I have always had much more problem with ovulation pain that menstural pain. I get cyst on my ovary and the doctor said that might be happening when I ovulate that the cyst is getting bigger and then can rupture and feel better. I had a cyst years ago in my 20s that started with ovualtion had a laparoscopy and there was a cyst the size of a gold ball they thought I was having an eggtopic pregnancy. They put me on birth control pills and it was better. Still after having children my husband had a vasctomy and I no longer took pills. So the pain comes. Doctor also said you can have scar tissue and then with ovualting can cause pain. The odd thing is at this age now I only seem to some libdo during ovulation. I rarely think of sex at other times. Couldn't possible tolerate sex during ovulation time though. Life is weird.

Linda M

Last edited by Linma2428; 11-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

thanks everyone. Linda your description fits mine very well. I don't suffer with menstrual pain hardly at all.
    I still have the pain its now 6 days which is not normal for me. but then again my period hasn't started either and it was due yesterday so guess just not normal!!

I am trying not to rush back to the Dr and ask for blood test for appendicits or another ultrasound or to get my water works checked out. Linda I was reassured to hear you have this awful pain when pushing on the loo as this is what is making me wonder about my bladder etc.

I think I might hang on for at least another day before scurrying back to my GP, she knows I am a worrier and is usually understanding.

Linda do you also seem to have lots of wind as well with the ovuation pain??

Old 11-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #7
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

thanks for replying. Your description of your pain is very similar to mine especially the not being able to push on the loo that is the most painful thing!
    My period hasn't started and it was due yesterday so everything must be haywire.

I keep trying to reassure myself that having had both an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound in last few months that were fine means it can't be anything sinister as my dr reassured me.

It has lasted 6 days now which isn't normal for me. I am trying to hang on for another day or so before I scurry back to Dr to ask for blood test for appendicitis and to check my water works. Dr knows I am a worrier and usually very understanding.

I also have lots of wind as well - do you get this ???

Old 11-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #8
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

thanks for replying - I am having trouble sending a message on reply so am using this quick on instead.
    Your description of pain is so like mine especially the loo bit! My cycle is way out so maybe everything is.
    Am trying not to panic and not go back to Dr for another day or so to ask for tests as I have had both abdominal and pelvic ultrasounds in last few months.
    I wish I didn't worry so much - anyone else a health worrier here??

Old 11-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

So sorry everyone for the three replies!! I can only claim I am losing my mind!
    I only looked on the first page not the second and couldn't figure out where my replies had got to. ARghhh The brain is going as well as everything else!!

Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
    Linma2428
    Veteran
    (female)

Linma2428 HB User

Hi Gavi,

I haven't thought of having more wind or not. I might get that now that you mention it. I will try and pay more attention. Everything hurts more at that time even having wind so it might be ocurring and I hadn't paid attention. I know I have more with perimenopause in general. The kind that gets trapped in your rib cage and stays there for long times. Don't worry about extra postings I have done the same thing. I hope the doctor helps put your mind at ease. I worry that from having this so long, I will have something really serious and not get it checked thinking its the same old ovulation pain. Good luck feeling better.

Linda

Old 11-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #11
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Are you my twin!!!

Please read some of my posts, you will see I also have had this same pain for months, I have been to the doctors so many times, I have been to the hospital, the pain was so bad I was sure it was my appendix!!

I have the pain for up tp 3 weeks at a time, it can be after a peroid I will still have the pain, sometimes I cry with the pain.

It is always on my right side (why) to make me worry more about thinking it may be my appendix!!

I have been told that I have autoimmune ovarain failure (early menopause)

so maybe its my ovarys being attacked.

When I have the pain which is more often than not, it can be a dull pain with sharp pain on and off.... like you 1 have real bad health anxitey... Mandy

Old 11-27-2006, 03:44 AM   #12
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

the saga continues!
    After having severe anxiety all weekend thinking it must be appendicitis or water works problem I todded off to my GP yet again this morning and she was very nice and understanding thank goodness.

As my period still hasn't started (day 30) and this is almost unheard of for me she is sure its a hormone/ovary problem but because I am sorry a worrit she said she would do blood tests etc.

She did a full blood count to rule out appendicitis and I should get the results of that later today ( arghh) and also liver function test as when she examined me I was tender to right of tummy button. She said liver test covers gallbladder/pancreas and liver. I also had to give a urine sample for testing. The liver and urine tests take a few days to come back ( more arghh).

she said if my period starts and still have this pain then she will refer me to gyno but unlikely to be a permanent ovarian cyst as it wasn't there 12 weeks ago and I def don't have ovarian cancer having had a clear scan such a short time ago.

I am now terrified of the results!! Hand holding needed please.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:49 AM   #13
    Linma2428
    Veteran
    (female)

Linma2428 HB User

Gavi,

It's nice you have such an understanding doctor. My Gp isn't like that. I have a gyno I see for female stuff and don't go to my GP for problems female. I understand you being worried. I am curious about the scan you had for cancer. Was it a CAT scan? I would like better testing also to put my mine at ease about cancer. I hope your blood test comes out negative and all be ok.

Linda

Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 AM   #14
    Gavi112
    (female)

Gavi112 HB User

My scan was a straight forward pelvic ultrasound. I know from a distant relative who has just undergone treatment for ovarian cancer that this simple test will pick up ovarian cancer as she was sent for a pelvic ultrasound becasue she was going through themenopause and was bleeding constantly and the ultrasound flagged up some serious questions. The ultrasound didn't say you have ovarian cancer but it said you have unexplained mass plus we can't find one ovary at all and lots of fluid in cavity - she was quickly sent for further tests and she had early ovarian cancer so if her early cancer showed up as something wrong on ultrasound then this test is good.

As with alot of screening tests it doesn't give a def answer but it flags up things that need further investigation.

If you havne't had one in a long while it won't do any harm to ask for one if you are having female problems.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #15
    Linma2428
    Veteran
    (female)

Linma2428 HB User

Thank for the information. I have never had one of those scans.

Linda

Closed Thread