HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Menopause (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/)
-   -   Dry eyes (baby shampoo) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/454018-dry-eyes-baby-shampoo.html)

smoothie135 12-13-2006 03:18 AM

Dry eyes (baby shampoo)

Hi I recently went through a period of dry eyes, the worse thing was the dry skin which formed on my eyelids the doctor said to use a little E45 cream which did not seem to help a lot, I had drops for my eyes but they just made my vision blurred for ages so it was not always possible to put them in. I read a article on the internet about washing them with baby shampoo which I put on a little makeup wipe and every morning in the shower rubbed it along the eye lids, I also did it a few times during the day and them dabbed on a little E45 and I found it helped lots. Mine has gone now touch wood but I would do it again if it returned as the cream alone did nothing but within 2 weeks of using the shampoo mine had cleared up.

hope that helps
smoothie

littlegirl53 12-17-2006 07:32 PM

Re: Dry eyes (baby shampoo)

[QUOTE=smoothie135]Hi I recently went through a period of dry eyes, the worse thing was the dry skin which formed on my eyelids the doctor said to use a little E45 cream which did not seem to help a lot, I had drops for my eyes but they just made my vision blurred for ages so it was not always possible to put them in. I read a article on the internet about washing them with baby shampoo which I put on a little makeup wipe and every morning in the shower rubbed it along the eye lids, I also did it a few times during the day and them dabbed on a little E45 and I found it helped lots. Mine has gone now touch wood but I would do it again if it returned as the cream alone did nothing but within 2 weeks of using the shampoo mine had cleared up.

hope that helps
smoothie[/QUOTE]
When you say you had dry eyes, are you talking about being dry inside your eyes? I am having that problem in one eye. What is E45 cream? I am trying drops in the eye and it doesn't seem to help much. Perhaps I'll try the baby shampoo. I don't understand how washing the eyelid with shampoo would help dry eye though. Thanks!

liverpool sue 12-18-2006 03:01 AM

hi. i've suffered from dry eyes for quite a number of years. took me a while to realise that's what it was though, because my main symptom is very watery, stinging eyes, like when you've been peeling onions. i used drops at first but have found that gel works better for me. your pharmacist will sell it over the counter. i don't get dry skin on the outside, for me it's the moistness (or lack of) of the actual eyeball.
i also suffer from acne rosacea, and one of the complications from that is that it can affect your eyes, and i have heard the baby shampoo thing in connection with that, not that i have ever used it. another question for my doctor next time i see her!
E45 is a very moisturing cream, non perfumed, which is recommended here in england for any number of dry skin conditions. however, personally i would be wary of putting it on my eyes.
hope this helps.

PomLuvr 12-23-2006 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=smoothie135]Hi I recently went through a period of dry eyes, the worse thing was the dry skin which formed on my eyelids the doctor said to use a little E45 cream which did not seem to help a lot, I had drops for my eyes but they just made my vision blurred for ages so it was not always possible to put them in. I read a article on the internet about washing them with baby shampoo which I put on a little makeup wipe and every morning in the shower rubbed it along the eye lids, I also did it a few times during the day and them dabbed on a little E45 and I found it helped lots. Mine has gone now touch wood but I would do it again if it returned as the cream alone did nothing but within 2 weeks of using the shampoo mine had cleared up.

hope that helps
smoothie[/QUOTE]
thanks for the info, I've had the "dry eyelid" syndrom for quite some time. I will try the baby shampoo. What is E45?