It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

perimenopause

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
wrmasylum
(female)

wrmasylum HB Userwrmasylum HB User
perimenopause

I am a 52 year old woman who beleive it or not still gets her period every single month.. I know im perimenopause. lately i have had a racing heart rate. went to my internist and he did an EKG which was normal except for the high heart rate. Took blood but havent gotten results back yet nor the results of a 24 hr heart monitor. Could this be related to perimenopause? I think when my drs office calls ill ask them to take blood again and do a hormal panel. Any suggestions or personal experiences to share?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Deeraysmom
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Re: perimenopause

........... I think most women have heart palpations when going through peri........ I know I have them quiet often and they can be scary....... What we women have to put up with {lol}..... It's all harmones racing through our bodies just before most of them leave... Hope this helps...... Dee

Last edited by Deeraysmom; 01-12-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
SPENCER1968
(female)

SPENCER1968 HB User

Yes, I had racing heart rate and did the heart monitor as well. I guess Doctors have to do these test to rule out anything else so I am glad that he/she is checking thoroughly. Good Luck and keep us informed.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
Wizard
(female)

Wizard HB User

I went through a phase where I had the racing heart as well. I visited the ER twice, convinced I was having a heart attack.

You can get your hormones tested but don't count on them to tell you anything. Hormones fluctuate so much over the month and so much month to month at this stage of life that things could come out reading normally even though you're in peri.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
wrmasylum
(female)

I called my dr to see if he thought checking my hormone levels was a good idea. But he said since i still get my period each month..im 52 beleive it not lol..and i had no other symptoms such as hot flashed that most likely the hormone levels would be normal. I tend to disagree because some yeas back i had them checked and was told i was peri..so what do you think? Got my blood work back..all is normal..waiting on holter monitor results which i should get back on Monday. Im a tad nervous..all was good all day..pulse was low in the 60s and BP good. At night i had a fight with my husband taht upset me alot..i felt my heart rate speed up and i got some palpitations. Do you think those palpitations will mean anything with the results? thanks

Old 01-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
alwaysaworrier
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Blood work for me always seems to be 'normal'. I also get racing heart, palpations (not even sure what the difference is) so it has to be all peri (at least I hope). I do have high bp and on meds for that and doing fine.
Oh, the joys of being a woman.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
wrmasylum
(female)

Just to update you all..my blood work and holter monitor all came back normal, thank God. The palpitations i experienced i was told was all normal andnothing to be concerned about. Its odd how this all started to get bad..the higher heart rate one day before my period arrived. After reading alot on peri i believe its related to this wonderful stage of my life. I agree with not checkinghormal levels and it can fluctuate so much during a given time frame..heck it can fluctuate during an hour. lol Just another joy of being a woman, ladies. lol

Closed Thread