It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

High Blood Pressure & Peri

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
SPENCER1968
(female)

SPENCER1968 HB User
High Blood Pressure & Peri

Could Perimenopause cause high blood pressure? I have high blood pressure (never did before) same weight etc. Does anyone else?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
liverpool sue
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: High Blood Pressure & Peri

hi spencer. my doctor has told me that it doesn't cause high blood pressure, but personally i believe it must have something to do with it simply because so many ladies get high blood pressure round about this time of life. maybe it's to do with something else happening, maybe aging or ... i don't know. i never got high blood pressure, ever, until about 3 years ago, just about the time the hot flashes started. coincidence? perhaps. but i'm not convinced. others may have different opinions and it would be good to hear them. take care.

sue

Old 01-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Hopefully
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefully HB User

All my life, until the year 2002, I've had low blood pressure. When I say low I mean around 100/60. High blood pressure along with anxiety, spacey feeling, and then depression were some of the initial symptoms that I experienced when my hormones decided to take a vacation without me, lol .

Yes, I've read, and heard that women experience high blood pressure during this time in their life. My mother developed high blood pressure when she went through menopause, and my younger sister who is also going through perimenopause also developed high blood pressure.

I don't know if this is true or what, but I've recently read that this can reverse itself once we are menopausal. That wasn't the case for my mother. It's my prayer that once I lose this peri extra weight I'll be able to decrease or stop the bp medication that I'm taking.

Hopefully, other women will reply with more information .

Old 01-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
canadianmom
(female)

canadianmom HB User

Another one here that always had a lower blood pressure until peri hit. On B/P meds now.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #5
mgobluefan
(female)

mgobluefan HB User

ditto for me - always had normal blood pressure (120/70 range), but have been getting spikes the last 2 years, along with period changes, night sweats, etc. I am 47 now.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #6
Oleander53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User

When I turned 47 and was Peri my low pressure shot up and never came back down..... I have been on medication for high BP since... no one can tell me Peri Menopause is not connected. I am 53 now and almost into menopause...... I feel better now and my pressure is the best it has ever been, I am still on medication but it is well controlled now. I do not care what they Doctors say there is a connection..........

Oleander

Old 02-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
norfolkgal
(female)

norfolkgal HB User

Menopause and hight blood pressure hit me about the same time too, am still on medication for HBP 8 years on.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #8
anita4pets
(female)

anita4pets HB User

Yes,yes and yes....I too always had low blood pressure...now going through menopause and my blood pressure is high.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #9
Barbs45
(female)

Barbs45 HB User

I also suffer from high blood pressure, was only diagnosed the same time that it was confirmed I was going through the menopause. Although there is a history of high blood pressure in my family. I can really sympathise with you.Barb45

Closed Thread