It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Menopause.Burning Skin...Freezing Hands

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Lynnmarie418
(female)

Lynnmarie418 HB User
Menopause.Burning Skin...Freezing Hands

I have had just about every symptom of menopause there is.I am 47 years old and been told i am in menopause.Last period was 3 months ago.I cry over everything,I feel extremely depressed,cant get out of bed in the morning,night sweats,lots of anxiety and everything in between.BUT.... the worse is here.This feeling I get all over.It's like my skin burns and hurts so bad but at the same time my hands are ice cold.And I can be sweating all at the same time.This is the worse symptom I have been having because it is so uncomfortable.Sometimes it seems that if I take a xanax it seems to calm down a bit.It is just so strange.Still praying for a period to show up to maybe ease some of this discomfort.Thinking about getting some over the counter pergesterone cream maybe that will help.Anyone else get this or am I just crazy?

Lynn

Last edited by Lynnmarie418; 01-31-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
Deeraysmom
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Re: Menopause.Burning Skin...Freezing Hands

No, Lynn your not crazy... lol.... it's just the weird 35 symptoms you get when going through peri-menopause... I know how ya feel... sometimes I go 3 or 4 months with no period them bam it's back again .... sometimes I'm really glad to see it, it relieves all the stress and uncomfortable feelings I get....I tried the cream didn't work for me...Some ladies on here swear by it...all I can say is it won't hurt to try...just remember...rest,relaxation,fluids and lots of walking... best wishes... Dee

Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
ainfante
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Menopause.Burning Skin...Freezing Hands

HI Denise. Getting the over counter progesterone creme would do you well. Natragest, is a good one and you can buy it online. If you have any questions about it, give me a hollar, I used it for two years. I acutally, over used it and had to get off of it. I remember when I first noticed the bodily changes besides my period when I first went flopping into peri, I had the same symptoms as you. I was 45 then, had anxiety up my wazoo, my back and legs burned and my hands were ice cold. I had every blood test u can imagine. I did thyroid checks, coz it acts like thyroid, and finally one of the endocronolgists I saw said my thyroid was normal and to see my gyne, coz I was having perimenopause with anxiety. She said it could get really bad sometimes. So I called my gyne, thank God she was all up on perimenopause and she was great, she carried me through some of the roughest times. So hang in there, the burning and ice cold hands will pass. You could drink some chasteberry herb tea, will help balance the hormones also. I couldn't get my hands on this knowledge at first, so I was put on Prozac, 20 mg to combat the meno swings, etc. It did help, but it's not for everyone.

Andrea

Closed Thread