It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

weight gain when periods stop?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
weight gain when periods stop?

I have struggled with my weight during peri for several years now. Up a few pounds then down a few, but staying about the same. (higher than I would like) I haven't had a period now for almost 3 months and I am gaining in leaps and bounds! I am eating alot less in the last few weeks worrying about my husband's health, but I am still gaining like crazy. I haven't changed my exercise routine. Could this be fluid? My rings fit ok, no swelling in my ankles either. I really feel pretty good, just upset about this weight gaining. I would think I should have lost 5-7 pounds with the little amount I have been eating, instead I gained it! Thanks, Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
BrandyBobs Lady
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User
Re: weight gain when periods stop?

Welcome to the world of perimenopause. Weight gain, unfortunately, is something we find happens. Especially in your belly. From what I have learned about it is our metabolism, for some reason, decides to up and slow down making it easier to gain and harder than all get out to lose it. I found that I have gained a lot in my mid-section making it hard to fit into my britches or at the very least look good in anything I wear. I have a round paunch that makes me look pregnant and its not a soft flab..its sort of on the firmer side. And no I am definitely NOT pregnant just in case you were wondering. At nearly 50 I'd freak out if I were but I had my tubes cut and tied 17 years ago.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: weight gain when periods stop?

Thanks for the reply. Just as I open my mouth and say I haven't had a period for several months, here it is! Maybe some of the weight gain was fluid building up. But you are right, the majority of the blubber I have is in the mid-section. Maybe I will try the new diet pill just approved by the FDA for over the counter sale. I've got to do something, my clothes are way too tight, and I am not rich enough to buy new ones! Thanks again, Ann

Closed Thread