It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Is This Menopause? Will the Pill Help?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
VegasQ
(female)

VegasQ HB User
Is This Menopause? Will the Pill Help?

Hi everyone! I am 46 and about 4-6 months ago my periods really got HEAVY. They only last for 1-2 days then that's it..nada. Then last month I freaked out pre-menstrual with major anxiety, insomnia (which makes the anxiety worse), trembling hands, nausea, lost 5 lbs (I like that part), no appetite, diziness, and flushing of my whole body down to my feet. (I heard hot flashes were from chest to head?) Anyway, the symptoms lasted 2 weeks and then I was fine for 10 days. Then it came again last week and is a little less severe due to Prozac 20mg a day, but in the last 24 days I have had 2 periods, and now the one that started yesterday is very light! I feel like I am losing my mind and this ringing in my ears is driving me crazy. Has anyone else had all this? My doc has done every test including thyroid and all are negative (no hormone tests though) and is putting me on Seasonale starting Sunday which will only give me periods 4 times a year. Has anyone used the pill the help symptoms? I am a single Mom and can't function like this all the time My doc gave me Xanax too but I hate it, so I just take a little swig of Benadryl and it does the same thing.

Any help and advice is much appreciated! Thanks!!!! Suz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Is This Menopause? Will the Pill Help?

I was on BCP's for 9 months to control my heavy non-stop periods. It worked great. I stopped the pill last fall, and have had 2 periods since October. One fairly light, then my last one was heavy for several days but stopped on it's own. I am 52 and really didn't feel comfortable taking the pill for any longer. I hope the time I was on helped to regulate my periods and maybe now they will just slowly go away! I guess I can dream. Hope it works for you. Ann

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
VegasQ
(female)

VegasQ HB User

Cruisers....were you having other symptoms too or just heavy periods?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
deinee
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User

I was having LOTS of other problems. Ovarian cysts, weight gain, acne, restless leg syndrome, insomnia, anxiety over my health and my family's health, nausea, ringing in my ears, increase in allergies, hives, weird rashes, thinning hair, blurry vision, sore tongue and gums, ovary pain and more that I can't remember now. Not all the problems hit at once, they rotated so I could have new experiences everyday! The pill really helped the heavy periods and the acne alittle, but not much else. It didn't solve all the peri troubles, but I had to stop the heavy, long periods because I was anemic and couldn't wait it out any longer. Since being off the pill I still fight all of the above, but not as often or quite as severe. I think I am getting closer to the end. If the heavy periods start back up again I'm not sure what I will do. I don't want HRT if I can avoid it, nor am I thrilled about surgery. I guess we take one day at a time. Don't expect the pill to end all your symptoms, it won't, but it will help with your periods. Good luck

Closed Thread