It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

My Menopause Symptoms

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
Lynnmarie418
(female)

Lynnmarie418 HB User
My Menopause Symptoms

Here is a list of symptoms I am experiencing.I don't know if I am smack in the middle of this thing or what but I sure hope it doesn't get much worse then this.

Anxiety/Panic attacks
Palpitations
Sleepless Nights
Frequent Bathroom Trips
Cold Hands/Feet
Period every few months
Crying Spells
Feeling Of Being Overwhelmed
Dwelling On Health
Night Sweats
Joint Pains
Fatigue/No Energy
Doomed Feeling
Zero Patience
Painful Breasts
ect........ each day brings something new

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
fiveoffive
(female)

fiveoffive HB User
Re: My Menopause Symptoms

Hey Lynnmarie, I have all of the same and then some. Only thing is my periods have been fairly normal. just had this new thing with the only 12 days between. I am miserable today.

If you dont mind, how old are you and do you take anything to help your symptoms? I take nothing. I am considering the whole vitamin thing with fish oils and magnesium and the b's of course. I am thinking on waiting to see my doctor in the next week or so to get blood work then start the vits and have some sort of baseline to go from there. Hope you are feeling a little better than earlier today !

Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
Lynnmarie418
(female)

Lynnmarie418 HB User

I will be 48 here soon.I'm not taking much for the symptoms except a bunch of vitamins which seems to do nothing.Moltrin relieves somewhat and xanax for the anxiety.Hope tomorrow is a better day.Hard going to work feeling so bad.
Lynn

Last edited by Lynnmarie418; 02-28-2007 at 11:02 PM.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
fiveoffive
(female)

fiveoffive HB User

Hugs Lynn, hope you have a decent day tomorrow. I have been really thinking about xanax, Ive never taken anything and I am very med sensitive but at this point, when I can barely get through grocery shopping without having a slight case of panic, I am ready to try something. I wish things were better for you, all of us in fact. but each day brings its new challenge. I always hear people say they take a 'pinch' of xanax... whats that all about ? Did your nerve issues start with menopause ?
Hope your day is good. Hugs !

Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #5
cecropia
(female)

cecropia HB User

I feel bad that there are others who have panic and anxiety with this menopause thing, but at the same time it's comforting to know there are others out there who share this symptom. I also have considered xanax, a friend has been on it for 15yrs and started on it in her change. She is about 62 now, I am 55. I take buspirone for anxiety now and it seems to work fine during the day; I feel my best between noon and about 8 oclock at night and then all goes bad when it's time for bed. I dread going to bed at night, but I'm so tired I can't hardly hold myself up and yet I can't go to sleep once I lay down. My friend gave me a referrel to see her doctor, because not every doctor will prescribe xanax long term, but this one will. I'm afraid to switch doctors even though I don't like the one I have.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 AM   #6
wendy43
(female)

wendy43 HB User
Thumbs down Re: My Menopause Symptoms

hi im 43 had a hysto/oophorectomy back in may and i have all those symtoms and more, been on hrt and they dont seem to work. so yesterday i decided enough was enough so am gonna look into herbal stuff. The palpitations and the anxiety are the worst feel like your gonna have a heart attack lol. had an eeg so i know thats fine.wish i was a man. So if anyone is reading this and can give any advice please post some help for us woman who dont know what to do
Wendy

Last edited by moderator2; 03-02-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #7
s cubed
(female)

s cubed HB User

I get all kinds of strange symptoms. One minute I feel fine and the next I'm so cold or feel dizzy or my hands start to hurt ,having breast tenderness. My underarm has been bothering me for a couple of months and seems to be associated with pms. I'm due for a mammogram so doctor also doing ultrasound. He doesn't seem to concerned, so I assume that I shouldn't be tooo worried. He said it could be a side affect of some ot the vitimins i take. I take a liquid multi that also has green foods. I stopped taking the vits 3 days ago to see if I feel any different. He didn't feell anything so that put my mind at ease. Everyday seems to be a new adventure. I do not drink or smoke or drink caffeine. took up gum chewing and it actually relieves some of the stress.

Closed Thread