It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

How long could a woman flow?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
TigerWild
(female)

TigerWild HB User
How long could a woman flow?

No disrespect to anyone. I'm in fear only because I don't know this area of Menopause. I don't have anyone to ask, I've heard all about the hot/cold, etc, etc. through my growing up years from my family of women and others, but there all gone now. I never heard about the flow in detail, other then it just stopped one day, and an other had to have The Big O. I heard the horror story about that!

I'm at the end. I maid it this far with out the drugs and I want to end with out having an operation. I don't have any Medical or Doctor and I really don't want one. I'm hoping someone hear knows or heard of women that flowed for 3 weeks? If it will stop on it's own? Could it flow for a month or more?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
RightFootMary
(female)

RightFootMary HB User
Re: How long could a woman flow?

Hi TigerWild - first of all I am not a medial person. I can only tell you from experience. You did not mention how old you are, but regardless you really need to see a doctor if you have been flowing for 3 weeks. When I started with "perimenopause" I skipped periods for 4 months and then had one that lasted 4 weeks. It stopped and a week later came back - that was when I called the doctor. Let me reassure you that 3 weeks of bleeding does not mean that you need an operation - but you do need to see a doctor. Is it possible for you to go to a clinic if you don't have insurance and can't afford to go to a doctor?

Don't ignore these symptoms. It also does not mean that you need drugs but you need to find out what is causing this long flow.

Good luck and keep us posted on what's going on.

Mary

Old 03-02-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
TigerWild
(female)

TigerWild HB User

Hi
Thank you for your reply. I was 11 years when I started 35 when I saw a Dr. he put me on Horse urine Oh.......Oh! it's called Estrogen. I took it, and found that I was angry, didn't have a reason to be, the next day I was angrier, by day 3 when I felt like I wanted to kill someone, I felt I needed to Kill someone, to release the anger.

I thought “But Who?” That's when I realize it was the Estrogen and flushed them down the toilet, and locked myself in the house. I was myself again the next day. “Drugs Are Bad...M'kay!” LOL!! I did all the other things, like Hot/cold, etc, etc. Now it's 13 years later. The flow has changed month after month, I never saw clots like that, the first week. I have tried to find a free clinic, I don't live in the right county.

I don't remember ever skipping periods, Well only the 9 and 10 months like most women when they are with child. My Mother was in her 30's, her Mother, and her Mother sister, etc, all in the early to mid 30's I don't know if my family of women went through it like you did. Do you think it's supposed to be the same for all women? Thank' again!!

Old 03-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
RightFootMary
(female)

RightFootMary HB User

Hi Tigerwild - first of all - all women are different when it comes to menopause. Your bodily hormones regulate everything and everyones are different. However I learned that any bleeding that lasts more then a week needs to be checked out. It could just be hormone related or it could be something serious. Over the course of 2 years I needed 2 D&Cs and some medication to regulate everything until my body adjusted. Your local hospital should be able to direct you to a clinic where you could get some help.

Good luck.

Closed Thread