It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Full of question marks

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
heitara
(female)

heitara HB User
Full of question marks

That's what my life is at the moment. I am 53 and had periods until three months ago when I had only three days of light spotting. Since then I've been experiencing night sweats (would wake up punctually at four in the morning feeling as hot as the fire) but no periods. Last year I went two months without a period and then they started again, quite regular. What am I to expect now? I know peri in unpredictable but...will my periods decrease as the years go by or will they just stop all of the sudden? I had a very stressful time around Christmas ( I moved to another house) and I heard stress can cause menopause to happen suddenly.
Do I make any sense with my questions?
Give me a hint, ladies, please...
Hugs

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
Diane817
(female)

Diane817 HB User
Re: Full of question marks

Sorry but there is no set way women go through menopause. We are all different. This may be your last period, or you may go 6 months or more without one and start up again. It may be time for you to visit your GYN and get some help with some kind of replacement hormone, be it synthetic or bio-identical. There are also a lot of herbs and such on the market but for me none did the trick. I wish you luck. You don't have to keep feeling this way. There is help out there.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
marian100
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i agree it is different with each of us. i'm 52 and didn't have a period for 7 months. it's been 2 months since that one. i have been in peri 9 years and hope to see the end soon. my hot flashes have settled down but now i am, like you, waking up at night feeling very hot. no sweating though. i have been through insomnia, anxiety, dry skin, crawling skin, restless legs, hotflashes, crying for no reason, etc. just about every symptom at one time or another. i think i am on the tail end of this thing. thank God

Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
heitara
(female)

heitara HB User

Thank you, Diane and Marian, I know there is no answer that could work for everybody, I guess I was just looking for somebody to tell me they were feeling like me in order to feel less alone
I have a gynecologist that takes care of my peri but no hormones replacement for me since I have fibroids and we are actually looking at menopause with relief because they should decrease their size. I had all the symptoms you named, Marian, and still have some although I have to admit in the last six months or so I've been feeling definitely better. It's just that you don't really feel totally yourself, isn't it? It's like your body had taken control and acting crazy without giving you the chance to do something about it. I'm envious of your seven months without it...today my breasts have started to feel a bit sore and I think my periods is approaching. Oh well...better luck next time!
Thank you
Carla

"I'm not young enough to know everything". O. Wilde

Closed Thread