It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Self Awareness

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
Debtone
(female)

Debtone HB User
Self Awareness

I was such a confident person before this horrible peri menopause, I can't believe how it has vanished.

I am also so aware of myself, watching myself and my thoughts that it makes me feel panicky, anyone else get this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
liverpool sue
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: Self Awareness

hello deb. i think you'll find that the loss of confidence and the anxiety/panic is a fairly common thing in menopause. also these feelings of watching ourselves, and maybe thoughts of our own mortality.
i also believe that because of the symptoms we can get, it makes us so much more aware of our bodies and the way they're working, than before. we seem to become very sensitive to any small change, and worry about it.
all i can say deb, is that it seems to be a natural phase and that many, many ladies feel exactly the same. just come here and chat about it all, and i'm sure you'll get it into perspective and feel better.failing that, go and eat a large bar of chocolate - always does it for me!!!!!!
hope this helps.

sue

Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Debtone
(female)

Debtone HB User

Thanks Sue........I knew you would be about with your wisdom.

You are right when you say we are so aware of any change to our body, I think that has been the main cause of my anxiety.

I am sitting in work and am watching my every move and thought, It drives me mad, I can't even answer the telephone without listening to myself.

I do have good days and bad but when I am having a bad day I can't convince myself that I ever felt normal.

I started peri at 42 and am 46 now, I missed my first period last month and never thought I would say it but I will be glad to see the back of them.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:46 AM   #4
Beppie1
(female)

Beppie1 HB User

After trying a variety of things I had pretty much given up that I was ever going to be back to that good athlete, high energy person. It did make me think about my mortality. And then one day, about a month ago, the fog lifted, after three years. I had energy, could run again, etc. It is not perfect but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in and know that "this too shall pass."

Closed Thread