It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

from cold flashes to constant hot flashes

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
lilypad1
(female)

lilypad1 HB User
from cold flashes to constant hot flashes

Hi Ladies,sorry to sound so desperate,but hoping to get some feedback.I had only cold flashes up until about 1 month ago,i thought i may bypass this particular symptom but they are now with me constantly,day and night about 10 a day sometimes!I can't stand this,they are always followed by the cold flashes.The things that changed with me physically the past few months is,recovering from pneumonia,no period yet this year,started taking multi-vitamins.My question is could any of these things bring on the hot flashes?Am i closer to menopause?I am 48 1/2 and have been peri for about 5 years.Any feed back please!sincerely lily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
liverpool sue
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User
Re: from cold flashes to constant hot flashes

hello lily. the short answer to your question is yes, any or all of those things could have a bearing on your newly aquired hot flashes, although i doubt that the multivits have much to do with it.
given that you're 48 and a half, and no period this year, then you're getting nearer to the final stage of it i would guess.
i'm 54. in nov 2003 and aug 2004, i had two major operations which triggered hot flashes. but once i had recovered from both the ops, the flashes stopped, and at the time i didn't connect that they were hot flashes, just thought i was weak from the ops and not able to control my body temp properly.
i think my flashes started for real in about jan 2005, and they were as you describe yours - very frequent, up to 10 an hour at one stage. then they stopped, then they started less frequently but more longer lasting and heat intensive. i also think it was around that time that my periods became less and less frequent.
i'm now 14 months period free, and about a month hot flash free, so looking back i only had about 2 years of hot flashes, although it seemed much, much longer!!!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
liverpool sue
Senior Veteran
(female)

liverpool sue HB User

the hot flashes, for me, changed all the time - stopping, starting up again, more frequent, less frequent, hotter, bearable, REALLY unbearable. you really do learn to get to grips with them, and just roll with it. i have thick winter sweaters in my wardrobe that i've not worn for 2 years, socks and tights became a thing of the past even in winter, and my nightdresses got binned and i sleep nude now (not a pretty sight!).
didn't want this to time-out, which is why i've done two postings.
hope this is of some help to you lily. never had a cold flash, so can't help on those i'm afraid.

sue

Old 03-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
lilypad1
(female)

lilypad1 HB User

Dear Sue,thankyou so much for your reply(very informative ).It gives me some hope that this too shall pass and perhaps the end is near(not literally i hope!)Sometimes new symptoms become so overwhelming that you feel all alone with them.Coming to this support board has helped alot.Well i'll sign off for now,i've got flannel p.js to pack up and put away for perhaps 2 years!When i eventually i unpack them,i will smile and realize i made it through with help from my friends at the menopause boards!thanks again and God bless
lily

Closed Thread