It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

A few questions?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
cutieshirl
(female)

cutieshirl HB User
A few questions?

Well, its been a month since I started the Estrdiol and I have to say that I feel a whole lot better. I actually ran out for 2 days and right away noticed a difference. I am back on now as well as taking Progesterone, but when I took them both this morning,I was soooo tired that I went back to bed for about an hour. What gives? Is this normal and will this pass? If not, I really will consider not taking the progesterone. The doses are matched to how they should be as the dr says. My other questions would be since this is back in my body after a 2 day absence, could this be why I had really bad salt/sweet cravings today. It was horrible, I couldn't get enough!! Will this balance out? I worry about the progesterone causing cravings and more weight gain cause you will retain more water? Is this correct? I am hypothyroid too so any pound on my body freaks me out. I already need to lose about 50 pounds to be comfortable in my skin so this is terrible.
Sorry for the vent, but any help would be appreciated.
Shirley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
canadianmom
(female)

canadianmom HB User
Re: A few questions?

Hi
I am cycling progesterone and was told by my Dr to take at bedtime as it will make you sleepy. Maybe you could switch from morning to night? So far I haven't experienced any weight gain but its something that concerns me also.Not sure about the bad salt/sweet cravings thing...I crave those things all the time anyway LOL

Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
Btoons
(female)

Btoons HB User
Re: A few questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutieshirl View Post
.......My other questions would be since this is back in my body after a 2 day absence, could this be why I had really bad salt/sweet cravings today. ..............
Shirley
When you are extremely tired you will (male/female and any age) crave foods with calories and more vivid flavors (like sweet/salt) because your body is trying to wake up especially when it realizes bio-rhythmically that it's the right time of day to be awake.

It may be that eventually your body will adapt to the medication combo and this will go away. Ask your doctor though since you have the thyroid condition and because it's how YOU feel about yourself that counts most.

Last edited by Btoons; 04-03-2007 at 03:27 PM. Reason: misspelling

Closed Thread