It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

Picked up my bioidenticals 2 days ago

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
colleen617
(female)

colleen617 HB User
Picked up my bioidenticals 2 days ago

I picked up tubes containing (separately) bi-est (estriol, estradiol), testosterone, & vag. cr. (estriol) plus progesterone time-release capsules.

Obviously, too soon to tell outcome; however, after taking progesterone capsules, I slept through the last two nights and only awakened twice instead of the 5-10 times.

I still feel profoundly fatigued (like I hadn't slept at all). It probably takes time.

Anyone had any related experiences? Thx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
katidid95
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Re: Picked up my bioidenticals 2 days ago

I'm curious, are you getting each hormone in different tubes? Mine are compounded together. I have a reason for asking. I've been on bioidentical hormones for about 2 years and I feels miles better than when I first started. The list of symptoms was long and horrible. It took about 2-3 months to really feel like they were working, although some symptoms like severe fatigue seemed to ease up in 2-3 weeks. After about 6 months, I did a 2nd saliva test and we adjusted the levels of hormones according to the test results.

Over all, I've felt pretty good with a few minor blips here and there. I still have pretty irregular cycles. Lately they've just been farther apart (40-50 days) with PMS lasting 7-15 days (or maybe it just seems that long!) I recently started seeing an accupunturist for unrelated muscle pain and we were talking about my peri problems, etc. She was explaining how she might help, but didn't want to interfere with the hormones I was already taking. She said I might want to question my doctor about getting the same level of estrogen and progeterone throughout my cycle because it doesn't mimmick a normal cycle and maybe that's why my periods aren't coming on time. Normally your progesterone drops right before your period, causing it to happen.

Anyway, long story...that's why I'm asking about having the hormones separated. Maybe I should talk to my doctor about doing that so I can change how much I'm using at different times in my cycle. Or maybe that's just too complicated

Old 04-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Wizard
(female)

Wizard HB User

Hi:

I'm taking natural progesterone cream but I have it compounded into a cream. It's working really well for me although I will say that it took about 2 months before I started feelingsemi back to normal and about another two months after that before I really felt like I was totally me again. I'm also using estradiol compounded into a cream for vaginal relief.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
colleen617
(female)

colleen617 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katidid95 View Post
I'm curious, are you getting each hormone in different tubes? Mine are compounded together. I have a reason for asking. I've been on bioidentical hormones for about 2 years and I feels miles better than when I first started. The list of symptoms was long and horrible. It took about 2-3 months to really feel like they were working, although some symptoms like severe fatigue seemed to ease up in 2-3 weeks. After about 6 months, I did a 2nd saliva test and we adjusted the levels of hormones according to the test results.

Over all, I've felt pretty good with a few minor blips here and there. I still have pretty irregular cycles. Lately they've just been farther apart (40-50 days) with PMS lasting 7-15 days (or maybe it just seems that long!) I recently started seeing an accupunturist for unrelated muscle pain and we were talking about my peri problems, etc. She was explaining how she might help, but didn't want to interfere with the hormones I was already taking. She said I might want to question my doctor about getting the same level of estrogen and progeterone throughout my cycle because it doesn't mimmick a normal cycle and maybe that's why my periods aren't coming on time. Normally your progesterone drops right before your period, causing it to happen.

Anyway, long story...that's why I'm asking about having the hormones separated. Maybe I should talk to my doctor about doing that so I can change how much I'm using at different times in my cycle. Or maybe that's just too complicated
Hi! It does seem complicated! I'm postmenopausal (55). Started on vivelle patch and progestin at 51 when I still had periods. I stopped hrt two months ago (couldn't tolerate progestin anymore) and couldn't believe all of the symptoms!

I don't know if it makes a difference whether they mix everything together or keep things separate. I think that by keeping things separate, we can tweak one hormone w/o disturbing others.

I can't wait for them to work. The absolute worst symptom for me is the mental fog/depression. Of course, like you, the other symptoms have been pretty bad. I never knew things would be like this.

Take care & thanks for your input!

Old 04-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
colleen617
(female)

colleen617 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Hi:

I'm taking natural progesterone cream but I have it compounded into a cream. It's working really well for me although I will say that it took about 2 months before I started feelingsemi back to normal and about another two months after that before I really felt like I was totally me again. I'm also using estradiol compounded into a cream for vaginal relief.

Hi! Glad to hear that this is working for you. I'm hoping that it helps me, but I wish that relief would come soon.

Do you use the progesterone cream everyday?

Old 04-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
Wizard
(female)

Wizard HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen617 View Post
Hi! Glad to hear that this is working for you. I'm hoping that it helps me, but I wish that relief would come soon.

Do you use the progesterone cream everyday?
At this point, I'm still getting a period (although it's pretty wacky) so I'm using the cream in the am and pm from days 14-26 of my cycle. On the months where I don't get a period, I use it from day 7-26. The big problem is guessing if I'm getting a period that month or not.

Gotta love the mystery of meno.

Closed Thread