It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Heart Flutters after periods stop

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
    JudeNZ
    (female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
    Heart Flutters after periods stop

Wondering if anyone else has or is experienceing this. Not had a period since November, yeee haaa. It was the heaviest one ever! Had been feeling virtually normal again. Now in the last week have been having mild heart flutters, sort of like when you'd say 'my heart was in my mouth', as in a nervous feeling. We are off overseas in 4 weeks and I am starting to feel anxious and it could be that, but also wondered about the good old menopause. No pain or any other nasty symptoms just occasional flutters, and mainly when I am sitting relaxing with time to think. The old anxiety which was 80% better has kicked in again. Don't you love being a woman!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
    deinee
    Inactive
    (female)

deinee HB User
    Re: Heart Flutters after periods stop

I am the queen of heart flutters. I have had skipped beats and fast heartrate episodes for years, ever since starting peri. They have been fairly well controlled with a beta-blocker until the last several months. Now the flutters and skipped beats are there 24/7. I have started skipping periods too and I think these irregular beats are worse since missing periods. The only thing I can come up with is that my estrogen must be getting low and that is affecting my heart. I am so sick of these palps. I have tried uping my dose of the beta-blocker, I take more magnesium than usual and the heart still flutters. I am about ready to start HRT and see if it helps. You might try taking magnesium and see if it helps you any, some women have really noticed a change after starting it. Good luck. Ann

Old 04-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
    JudeNZ
    (female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
    Re: Heart Flutters after periods stop

Thanks for that. You reminded me I used to take magnesium a few years ago when I first started with symptoms, might be a good time to reintroduce it. Will give it a go, nothing to lose and only some peace of mind to gain. Always reassuring to know someone else is having what you do as well. Trouble is you get so concerned you wait for it to happen, and I am sure half the time talk yourself into it. The mind is our greatest weapon - if we can only use it for the better and not the worse!
    Thanks Judenz

Closed Thread