HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Menopause (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/)
-   -   AHHHHHH! Hate the symptoms (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/menopause/506829-ahhhhhh-hate-symptoms.html)

roland92 06-09-2007 05:08 PM

AHHHHHH! Hate the symptoms

Today is the 15th day in my cycle. Had a bad day yesterday and today. Got up both days with extreme fatigue and felt like my blood sugar had bottomed out! Felt weak and faint and out of breath. Legs felt like jelly and didn't feel right. Moved around a bit and felt a bit better. I ate breakfast and then felt worse again! Numbness on the tops of my hands and in my face that comes and goes. Anxiety is out of control! Am I the only one who feels this bad? I wonder sometimes. Anyone out there feel this bad for days? Wish I had a magic pill to stop all these symptoms. :blob_fire Thanks for letting me vent. T.

marian100 06-09-2007 07:51 PM

Re: AHHHHHH! Hate the symptoms

I have had anxiety for the last 3 years. Also the fatigue not to mention the loss of concentration. I am just about through peri and I thank God. Godbless

hannasnana 06-09-2007 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=roland92;3035431]Today is the 15th day in my cycle. Had a bad day yesterday and today. Got up both days with extreme fatigue and felt like my blood sugar had bottomed out! Felt weak and faint and out of breath. Legs felt like jelly and didn't feel right. Moved around a bit and felt a bit better. I ate breakfast and then felt worse again! Numbness on the tops of my hands and in my face that comes and goes. Anxiety is out of control! Am I the only one who feels this bad? I wonder sometimes. Anyone out there feel this bad for days? Wish I had a magic pill to stop all these symptoms. :blob_fire Thanks for letting me vent. T.[/QUOTE]

Hi roland,
Have you had a full blood panel done? There can be many other things that contribute to your symtoms besides menapause, or make menapause worse.
IN that full blood panel your hormones, thyroid, ANA, iron can all be checked.

Debtone 06-10-2007 03:02 AM

Hi Roland

I knew as soon as I woke up this morning I felt rotten, my heart was thumping my right hand tingling, body trembly, dizzy, and and feel like I haven't the energy I was born with, I got on this forum saw your thread and thought I feel like that and counted my days into my cycle and I can't believe I am 15 days into it too although I have been getting a period every 2weeks so I don't know if I will come on today or not.

I am going to try my best not to add panic to all my symptoms but it is hard.

I eat quite often too because I feel odd when my sugar level drops I get that not here feeling.

You are not the only one who feels like this I can assure you, this peri lark stinks!

:eek:

korgiee 06-10-2007 07:53 AM

Are you kidding??? It's a miracle when I am having a good day. expecting my period next couple of days and I feel like crap. All the above symptoms you mentioned. When will this pass is my question or is this it. If this is peri I wonder what menopause will be like. Thye may have to put me away until it's over. Alyce

roland92 06-10-2007 12:45 PM

Hey everyone. Thanks for the responses. Hannasnana, I have had CBC and thyroid screen and they have come back okay. I am going to an endo the 2nd of July. Guess I will let them take a crack at me. Debtone, I thought that I was the only one who felt that bad in the morning. It feels like I have a lead weight on top of me when I climb out of bed. It's hard to walk and I feel soooo shaky and weak! I try to eat every couple of hours too. When I don't, it seems that my anxiety is worse and I also get that not there feeling. Sometimes though, I do feel worse after I have eaten. It's always a guess as to how I will feel the rest of the day. Wish I wasn't so afraid of taking meds. I would ask for something. I don't really think that meds are the answer anyway. I am praying that tomorrow will be better than the last 3 mornings have been. Felt bad again this morning. Maybe I am coming close to the end of all the peri stuff. That's what I tell myself when I get really bad. I hope you all are doing better today! Thanks! T.

alwaysaworrier 06-10-2007 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=roland92;3035431]Today is the 15th day in my cycle. Had a bad day yesterday and today. Got up both days with extreme fatigue and felt like my blood sugar had bottomed out! Felt weak and faint and out of breath. Legs felt like jelly and didn't feel right. Moved around a bit and felt a bit better. I ate breakfast and then felt worse again! Numbness on the tops of my hands and in my face that comes and goes. Anxiety is out of control! Am I the only one who feels this bad? I wonder sometimes. Anyone out there feel this bad for days? Wish I had a magic pill to stop all these symptoms. :blob_fire Thanks for letting me vent. T.[/QUOTE]
I go through very similar symptoms and god I hate them. Do you ever get a horrible feeling as if (don't know how to describe it) every ounce is draining out of you from your head down to your chest - a horrible sensation - it happened me last week at work and it frightened the life out of me, thought this time I'm really going to die. Isn't it just awful what we go though. how long have you been suffering? I hate to tell you but my symptoms are going on for about ten years - the first number of years were not bad and at this stage I must admit I have alot of good days. I am praying that it is coming to an end. I am 49 yrs. But when you wake up and feel weak and faint and those jelly legs.......omg it is awful. Please god we will all reach the end of the tunnel soon:yawn:

Debtone 06-11-2007 12:38 AM

Roland, what is an endo ?

The other day I thought RIGHT I have had enough of panicking over every symptom I get, I am obviously going to feel rotten around this time of my life thats why it is called the change so I am going to accept it........so every time I feel rotten I am going to try to relax and go with it.....at the end of the day I only end up having a panic attack and then am a 100 times more concerned with my anxiety than the physical symptom that set me off in the first place.

:p

roland92 06-11-2007 12:54 PM

Hi Deb and Always,
Deb, an endo is an endocronologist. They deal with metobolic issues like thyroid and diabetes. I understand how you feel about wanting to stop yourself from giving in to the anxiety. It is easier said than done. I try my best to do that everyday but in the end I usually have a panic attack too. I don't know what the answer is.
Always - What you described as feeling as though all the life is draining out of you is exactly what I have been experiencing for the past four days. It also feels like I can't take a proper deep breath. It was only happening occasionally but now has been going on everyday for the last four days. I have called my doctor and want to talk to her today to see if this is something that she can help with. I have been having peri symptoms for the past 4 or 5 years. I am 46. I still have my period every month but it is quite heavy. I hope that menopause is coming soon. (But only if it means that my syptoms will lessen!!) Hope you both have better days and I will let you know what my doc says..... T.

roland92 06-14-2007 04:19 PM

Well, went to my pcp because the anxiety was so bad that just couldn't take another day. Started to not want to leave the house and didn't want to be alone. Too much to handle! She put me on clorazapam at .25mg twice a day. I hate to admit it but I actually cut that dose in half because I am so afraid of the meds. I will let you know if that works or if it is bad. T.

Debtone 06-15-2007 02:52 AM

Roland,

We all need a bit of help sometimes, I take half a Lorazipam every now and again when the anxiety gets too much, I was given 14 by my GP back in January and still have 2 left sometimes I think just knowing that I have them in my handbag helps relieve some of the anxiety.

Anxiety stinks :blob_fire

Let us know how you get on!

Deb

roland92 06-15-2007 06:46 AM

Thanks Deb. I will let you know! T.

qtee4eva 06-24-2007 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=alwaysaworrier;3036549]I go through very similar symptoms and god I hate them. Do you ever get a horrible feeling as if (don't know how to describe it) every ounce is draining out of you from your head down to your chest - a horrible sensation - it happened me last week at work and it frightened the life out of me, thought this time I'm really going to die. Isn't it just awful what we go though. how long have you been suffering? I hate to tell you but my symptoms are going on for about ten years - the first number of years were not bad and at this stage I must admit I have alot of good days. I am praying that it is coming to an end. I am 49 yrs. But when you wake up and feel weak and faint and those jelly legs.......omg it is awful. Please god we will all reach the end of the tunnel soon:yawn:[/QUOTE]

Wow! You just described exactly how I have felt for the last year. I had no idea what these symptoms were do to until I saw the menopause board. I just turned 41 and have been feeling lousy as ever. I get the feeling I'm going to die that my heart is just going to stop beating or at times it's my breathing - I start focusing on my breathing (not sure why) but I feel like I"m not getting enough air so I try to swallow as much as possible then start to freak myself out. The worse thing I've noticed is the pain in my joints mostly in my knees (especially in the winter months) and the joints in my fingers. I also suffered from anxiety 2 years ago that was so bad I sometimes wished I just wouldn't wake up in the morning. This stopped when I changed jobs (was in a very stressful job) and when I started taking multi-vitamins with minerals (the minerals were what helped). After seeing my doctor and having blood tests done and an ECG (for my heart) I was given a clean bill of health. Men are so darn lucky. :rolleyes:

alwaysaworrier 06-24-2007 01:55 PM

Yes, i have had the pain in my finger joints from time to time also. With the last two weeks its my shoulders! It's reassuring to read about others who experience the same things.....thank god for these boards

SacreBleu1959 06-27-2007 05:36 PM

Thanx Ladies
You have made me feel normal in the madness of peri . Am having a bad day (week) also. Haven't been on messageboard for a while, but I always like to have a read when things get me down (commiserations ! ! :) ) I find the anxiety (along with the aches and pains and lack of energy) for me is the worst. Just don't know what has happened to the confidence in myself I used to have. Spend a lot of my time locked indoors these days, I go through days where I won't even answer the phone (screen my calls :rolleyes: ) how sad is that!!!
I complain to my long enduring husband that I don't have any real friends anymore - and that I am really lonely. But do I make any attempt to get out and meet people NO _ of course not - I am sometimes too afraid to.
I need to get out and find a job - when I get interviews I cancel them as I get sudden attacks of fearing I won't cope. But the truth is it would be the best thing in the world for me to get out of the house and have a bit of a social life - even if it is just with work colleagues.
Sometimes I stay home all day and do absolutely nothing. . . . don't know what happens to the time . . sometimes go to bed all day with headaches (migraines) although they seem to have settled a bit lately....
wow I am rabbiting on. . could write an epic :dizzy:
Anyway through all the hot flushes, anxiety, migraines, dizziness, aches and pains and al the other stuff. . . . it is nice to know I am not alone
I guess there is no easy answer
cheers:D