It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Hi! New to Board. Could this be perimenopause? Is Acne a symptom?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
    sarahtm
    (female)

sarahtm HB User
    Hi! New to Board. Could this be perimenopause? Is Acne a symptom?

Hi! So glad to have found this board and am wondering if I'm starting down the road to menopause. Here are my symptoms: night sweats (although not every night), insomnia and anxiety in the early am hours (again, not every night), recent spotting mid cycle, acne progressively worse in past six months, increase in facial hair last six months, irritability, some heavy heart beats (if that makes sense), elevated bp, and weight gain (although this may be diet related too). And this month my period is a week late and still counting and I am always regular. Two pregnancy tests have come up negative. I have also had a lot of stress in the last year plus and attributed the sleep problems with that but something really strange seems to be happening with my hormones and now I am wondering if I am perimenopausal. Oh and I am 44. The acne is by far my worst symptom. I do have a history of acne and was treated with accutane ten years ago with great results, so have no idea what is going on now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I see my doctor in a few weeks so hopefully will have some sorts of tests done then.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
    rheanna
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User
    Re: Hi! New to Board. Could this be perimenopause? Is Acne a symptom?

sarahtm,

What you describe could very well be the fluctuating hormones of perimenopause. Acne can be a symptom as well. Some people here liken the peri years as similar to the teenage years -- acne and emotional ups and downs are a part of both.

--Rheanna

Closed Thread