It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Can't Eat Certain Foods In Menopause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User
    Can't Eat Certain Foods In Menopause

Anyone else having trouble eating certain foods especially spicey while going through menopause? My foods are getting limited and now I'm losing weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
    katolb90
    (female)

katolb90 HB User
    Re: Can't Eat Certain Foods In Menopause

When you say 'can't eat', do you mean you get sick and throw up or you get gas/indigestion, diahrea or what? Since I've been in my forties my monthly has been off and on. I do notice my tolerance for certain foods has diminished. Particularly spicy foods, certain sauces, dressings, most anything greasy, including stuff like dark-meat poultry. Can't have yogurt either. However my reactions are usually constipation, indigestion, gas (out the mouth and out the butt) and chest pain. Rarely diarrhea and rarely vomiting.

I keep a log now of everything I eat and have come up with a 'bad food list' which is a list of every food that 'bother's me. I also have come up with a 'good food list'. Which contains foods that I like that don't bother me regardless of whether they are considered healthy or not.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User

No throwing up or anything.Just not agreeing with me.Gas and indigestion is a main concern.I can't eat the foods I once liked to eat like mexican food and anything spicy.It just sets everything off.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #4
    Myth
    (female)

Myth HB User

many menopausal women have a reduced amount of digestive juices
    a digestive aid like hydrocholic acid or digestive enzymes may help and the herb milk thistle supports liver health which is also involved in digestion

hope this helps
    Myth

Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
    Lynnmarie18
    (female)

Lynnmarie18 HB User

Why is it I feel the acid is causing the problem? Like too much acid. Do you think Acidophilus will help?
    Lynn

Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
    Myth
    (female)

Myth HB User

definition of indigestion is an inability to digest
    contrary to popular belief indigestion is not caused by too much acid but by a lack of digestive juices which involves more than just acid,
    I take a digestive aid that has pancreatine, pepsin , bromelains, papin, beta hydrochloride all designed to assist the stomach pancrease liver etc
    to digest
    although antacids give initial relief it doesnt solve any problems it can infact make things worse in the long run by creating a backlash of acid when you dont need it. and yes probiotics would help as they too play a role in digestion.

regards Myth

Closed Thread