It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Could I be experiencing Perimenopause?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
    Maggie777
    (female)

Maggie777 HB User
    Could I be experiencing Perimenopause?

Hi all,

I'm 37 years old and have had the weirdest month period wise. I've had 3 periods since January, the first was 4th January, then I came on again on 21st Jan, then again on 2nd feb. The last two weren't as heavy as they normally are, and I haven't had any real period pain. It was a little bit thicker than normal, and I've had some small blood clots (I've had blood clots with my periods for about 6 months now). I've also been waking up with night sweats, where the top half of me is totally drenched, and I am woken up and need to go to the toilet (the night sweats have been going on for about 3 weeks or so now). Sometimes, I'm feeling really tired. My breasts are fuller and tender, and I feel bloated, which tells me I'll be having another period soon.

I am assuming I'm having early symptoms of the menopause? My mum says she started to get early symptoms in her 30's too. I know I'm not pregnant 1. because I'm sterilized and 2. Also because I've had three periods.

I had a similar experience last year, but didn't have the night sweats then, just the irregular bleeding where I had a period 18 days after my first and them went 34 days till my next. I felt dizzy yesterday, but not today.

Could I be experiencing what they call Perimenopause?

Thanks.

Last edited by Maggie777; 02-09-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread