It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Internal Trembling And Shaking Once Again !!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
    Buzzbabe3
    (female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User
    Internal Trembling And Shaking Once Again !!!

Hi Everyone...well It Happened Again...(grin)the Thread Was Closed...but Again I Will Start It Up As I Did The First Two Times As I Truly Feel That This Is A Very Important Subject. Just Look At The Number Of You Responding To This Thread! Lets Keep It Going...there Is Just Too Much Good Info Out There That We Can Share With One Another.

The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzbabe3 For This Useful Post:
    all shook up (05-04-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
    Buzzbabe3
    (female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User
    Re: Internal Trembling And Shaking Once Again !!!

SUSAN 1030...If you can...you really should go back and read the internal trembling and shaking threads from before. I started the first one in April when I joined the healthboards in desperation. I was so scared...I actually can on today after being away (my daughter had a baby and I was out of town and a bit busy ) Anyway, I have good news actually and unfortunately am not sure why the change occured...maybe it was just time or maybe one of the many things I have been doing has finally helped my body...anyway...my trembling has lessened and I am not waking up with the intense trembling in the center of my lower chest. I do still have a mild trembling but it is soooo much better. I did try Melantonin for a night or two but naturally was concerned as many on here did not recommend taking it...but I wanted to give it a try I was so in need of relief..but I also stopped caffeine...no more coffee for me and I have to tell you those were the only things that I did and I have seen a real decrease in the symptoms. Not sure if it is relevant or just me or just my hormones going into another phase...but I am also sleeping better than I have in years...so...I will keep you posted...and please keep sharing...we need each other!!!! Thanks!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

An advanced search of these boards will reveal people with similar symptoms posting on the Sleep Disorders, Brain & Nervous System Disorders, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Inner Ear Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme Disease, Thyroid Disorders, General Health, Parkinson's Disease, Alternative Medicine, and Neuropathy, boards.

Men and women of all ages have experienced these symptoms...not just menopausal women.

Although, I have not read every single post with references to internal trembling and shaking, or references to internal tremors/motors/purring, the ones I have read share many of the same symptoms that people with Lyme's disease have...and a couple of recent posters with internal shaking and trembling have been diagnosed with lyme's disease.

If you have these symptoms, and you want to find relief, you may have to look further than the menopause board.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 10-13-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: deleted duplication

Old 10-16-2008, 04:32 AM   #4
    Buzzbabe3
    (female)

Buzzbabe3 HB User

Naturally, researching to find the answer makes great sense...but when you dont have the other disorders and have been tested...it does bring some comfort to know that this may just be a symptom of menopause that may be an annoyance but "aint going to kill ya." While it is important to do your homework in terms of your health it is also important not to become frightened that it is something more. This is the problem...we women get these symptoms and immediately think we are dying of something fatal...every women who wakes up one day with this trembling thinks MS, Parkinson's brain tumor...We have to empower women by sharing so the fear is lessened. You need to talk with your doctor and mark the other disorders that you mentioned off of your list and get on with your life. Trembling and Shaking can absolutely be your menopause symptom and sometimes thats the only reason. In this change of life/hormones you walk around frightened most of the time...lets not add to it! Get your tests...chat with your docs and then move on with confidence.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
    krishna108
    (female)

krishna108 HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Internal Trembling And Shaking Once Again !!!

I had these trembling episodes for about 10 years, since i turned 40. i never told anyone as it was never serious and only lasted 3 or 4 minuts. This is the first time i ever heard of it in relation to menopause. Actually i stopped having them a few months ago when i started taking an auyervedic herb called Shatavari. i had to take 4 caps morning and evening. It helped my menopause symptoms with the side effect of those trembles going away. i always thought i might be getting Parkensons or something but i never told anyone about it. <removed>

Last edited by krishna108; 10-17-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
    zparis66
    (female)

zparis66 HB User

I started out with a bad panic attack, I was not taking notice of what was going on in my body and iwas not taking care of my diabetes I stopped my insulin and took my pills when I remembered, I was working crazy hours I wasn't resting or really taking care of myself. After the 1st panic attack it took a day or two for me to stop feeling scared, I was out of work for a week and went this Monday only to feel a really bad hot flash and my pressure went extremely high. I am no longer getting the hot flash in the head but I have noticed that I begin to shake uncontrollably sometimes during the day I thought iwas that I may be cold but not at all. I know it has t be perimenopause I have all of the other sysmptoms. I know how bad it is thinking it can be this that and the other. This morning I was shaking so bad, I began to oray and pray and I went out for a walk and then came home and tried to rest but got very little of that, at least I haven't shook anymire today, and am feeling quite at ease for now. When you get the shakes does your stomach feel nervous? Can u eat? I can't eat when my stomach feels that nervousness.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #7
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

zparis,

Welcome to the boards!!!

Anxiety, hot flashes in the head (versus the entire body), uncontollable shaking, and stomach problems are NOT symptoms of perimenopause or menopause...have you discussed these symptoms with your doctor? Have you been screened for Lyme Disease?

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 11-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
    Chantal231
    (female)

Chantal231 HB User

Hi zparis,

Welcome!

Since you are a diabetic your symptoms could be related to your diabetes and hormonal flucuations. Do you monitor your blood glucose? How are your readings?

Your symptoms too could be related to your diabetes meds.
    My husband is diabetic so I know how important good blood glucose control is.

See your Dr if you continue to have problems. Your blood sugars may be off or your meds might need adjusting.

Take care.

Chantal

Old 11-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
    zparis66
    (female)

zparis66 HB User

I want to better explain. I feel shaky (very anxious) and I feel the anxiety in my stomach as well. Today I haven't felt it at all. I feel calm. The hot flashes start from the bottom up. can u experience perimenopausal sign bad one day ad less the next day? I have all the symptoms of perimenopause and am at that age as well. I may have described it a bit more severe than what it is. Thanks, and i will ask my doctor about the lime disease.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
    zparis66
    (female)

zparis66 HB User

Thanks. I feel the shakes internally more than anything and it is not actual shaking it is more anxiety and a scarry feeling.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
    susan1030
    (female)

susan1030 HB User

Hi Buzzbabe3
    I have been avoiding the message boards for a month or two because I am so scared that someone is going say something too upsetting. I am on month five without any vibration relief. If I am preoccupied with something or if I keep moving I tend not to notice it so much. My doctor still is not sure what to think of this. I have seen a naturopathic doctor who has just sent my saliva out for hormone and cortisol testing. If my tests come back normal I'll be more worried. What if this sensation is the early signs of something terrible and all the tests I 'm taking doesn't show the problem. I wish someone could help me get through this. I am having such a hard time being there for my two young children. I just wanted to thank you Buzzbabe3 for opening up this thread again. It does seem that we are not alone which makes you think you are not going crazy. I am thrilled that you are feeling much better!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Susan1030

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-11-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 11-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Hi I too posted months ago about the internal shaking. I also started having alot of cramping in my legs, fingers etc. All my tests were normal except for blood gasses. I hyperventilate and don't even know it. 3 nights ago, I couldn't sleep, as I was just tossing and feeling like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I don't know why but I started looking up Splenda. I have been using it in my coffee in the morning. I stopped using it and it is too soon to know if this is the source of my problems, but I have been very calm, no shaking no cramping for the last few days. I will let you know if this is it.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
    memm
    (female)

memm HB User

Hi I've just found this site and have had internal shakes for about 2 months going to docs tomorrow and I thought it was Parkinsons as well, Is this a symptom of Menopause?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
    missy222
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Memm,

About 5 months ago, I started noticing that my muscles were twitching, especially in my legs but get them everywhere else too. Then I started the internal vibrations (kinda feels like you swallowed your cell phone and it is on the vibrate mode). After that, I started getting external shaking (very visible, somedays are okay, but other days, I can barely hold a cup of coffee -- decaf of course!!) I also, feel extremely tense all the time, like I can't relax my muscles, especially the ones if my stomach and neck. This has been going non-stop everyday for the past five months!!!!! I am 50 years old and still having pretty much regular periods. I too first diagnosed my self with ALS (Lou Gerigs disease), from there I went straight to Parkinsons and that is still kind of bothering me. Everytime I turn around a new symptom pops up. Don't know what new disease I will have next week!!!! I just have to think that our hormones are depleting and our body is responding to all the changes. I really do believe that this has to be all related to peri and meno (my conditions seem to get worse during ovulation), why else would it all of a sudden happen when we reach that certain age? I have tried every vitamin, mineral I can think of and nothing has helped with any of my symptoms. Try not to worry too much about, believe me I know, anxiety only makes it worse.

Let me know what your doc has to say about it.

Hang in there, it definitely is one heck of a ride.
    Have to twitch and vibrate off to bed!!!!!!!
    Missy

Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

glad this thread came alive again. I had posted about splenda possibly being the cause. Wish it had been, though I still won't use it. I have had a spinal tap and numerous blood tests. I still have the shakes and horrible cramping. I also have unusual multiple brain calcifications of unknown cause. I see the neurologist and endrocrinologist tomorrow. If I learn anything I will let you know.
    Have you had your thryoid checked? calcium levels? vitamin D? Any possibility of an autoimmune disease?

Closed Thread