It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

solution to the menopause problems

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
jimtrade
(female)

jimtrade HB User
Lightbulb solution to the menopause problems

I have come across several discussions on menopause problem. The solution to all the problem is practicing yoga on regular basis as well as during the menopause like asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas, Relaxation techniques and Diet plan. This will help to get rid of all problems such as irregular periods, excessive pain, irregular flow, change in moods, irritation etc. But it has to be practiced on regular basis as well as in the correct form as per the ancient method. <removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-14-2009 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
flks
Inactive
(female)

flks HB User
Re: solution to the menopause problems

While yoga is good I think your views are not supported any concrete evidence.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
trychocolate
(female)

trychocolate HB User

You might find intelligent people to be skeptical when someone starts out a sentence with 'the solution to all the problem is...' when we are all so unique and different. Some might suspect something commercial behind such a notion. Although something you mentioned might be of benefit to some, it may not to others, and they shouldn't feel bad for making an informed choice.

Maybe try telling us something specific and let us research it. Or tell us how it helped you personally including some details.

Just a suggestion.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
jimtrade
(female)

jimtrade HB User

I agree to your point that people may be skeptical when it comes to a commercial aspect but menopause is something natural & leads to many hormonal changes in the body. so I feel that yoga stretches can benefit both the body and the mind, bringing energy and balance. This is particularly helpful to women who are currently in menopause or in menopause transition because their hormonal levels and body chemistry may be fluctuating rapidly. This can leave women feeling out of balance and truly victims of their changing bodies. Yoga exercises level out this physiological instability by relaxing and gently stretching every muscle in the body, promoting better blood circulation and oxygenation to all cells and tissues. This helps optimize the function of the endocrine glands and the organs of the female reproductive tract. Yoga exercises also improve the health and well-being of the digestive tract, nervous system, and all other organ systems.
This has got nothing personal. This is what I have done research on & have later put it into practice. And at the same time instead of taking heavy doses of medicines which brings temporary changes & many side effects, one can make a natural attempt to cure which has got no side effects if practiced in a proper manner.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
trychocolate
(female)

trychocolate HB User

Thank you for your most informative post. When something really works for us, we want to tell everyone for sure, and try to save others some misery. I agree that taking the medication route can be long and tedious and create additional problems. Although I found this to be true in my case so far, I am also reading about that select number of individuals who are having a degree of success and I am happy for them.

I think my original post was a bit defensive, and I apologize for it's possible severity. I had to make a choice early in life to forego yoga to due what some may consider 'the unseen' or 'intangible' effects, as some might say. My research led me to this conclusion, and I was not willing to make certain sacrifices that are important to me. So although there are many documented cases of its effectivesness and success, millions of people have had to make the decision to seek alternate forms of treatment.

So that was pretty much my point and I do appreciate your willingness to offer your personal experience to many women who are suffering from extreme menopausal symptoms. It is certainly a part of the aging process that needs to be managed effectively and not ignored. I think it would be particularly difficult for those who have led relatively healthy lives and along comes this huge barrage of symptoms and fluctuations. I so agree with your points about stretching, nutrition and proper care (and whatever else, not just chocolate, right?) I was glad to already have a routine of light cardio, weights, stretching etc. in place to maintain a level of strength, as I have other health issues to complicate things.

Thanks for sharing,
choc

Closed Thread