It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Success with bio-identical progesterone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
    shell1
    (female)

shell1 HB User
    Success with bio-identical progesterone?

I am on HRT very low doses of Estradiol and Provera. It has helped with some symptoms and made other's less debilatating. I still get a real nervous feeling, when I do it makes me feel really scared and I have nothing to be afraid of. I am so tired all the time and most the time all I want to do is hide in my house. When I am not at work I am a hermit. I am 50 now and I have been going throug this since I was 44 years old. I think I have had everyone of the symptoms at one time or another. I was wondering if anyone has had success with the Progesterone cream that Dr. Lee has written books on? I ordered a tube of it and I am very hopeful that it will put me back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
    Bridgett1965
    (female)

Bridgett1965 HB User
    Smile Re: Success with bio-identical progesterone?

I am a 44 year old female that was forced into menopause due to complete historectomy. My Gyno wouldn't put me on HRT because of the risks due to the fact that I'm a smoker. I thought I'd have to suffer the hot flashes, the aches, pains, fatigue, tummy puffiness and depression.

I started seeing a new dr. for weight loss help. While seeing him he determined that all my symptoms were menopausal and could be helped by bio-identical hormones. He explained to me they are compounded for each individual. I would have two creams. One to be applied to my inner thigh before going to bed at night. The other to be applied to the opposite thigh in the morning. He's told me that this will probably take care of about 95% or better of my symptoms and have me feeling great! Without knowing much about this my dr. asked me to get a book to read about it. My dr.'s office is actually even mentioned in this book because alot of his practice is bio-identical both male and female.

The book he asked me to get is by Suzanne Somers and is called Breakthrough. It is a very good book with a lot of information. Maybe that will help you understand it too. It's helping me. Good luck to you! I haven't tried the hormones yet, I wanted to finish the weight loss first. I don't have insurance so I can't afford everything at once. Weights going good though...down 35 pounds now in 9 1/2 weeks! 15 more pounds to go then on to the HRT!!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #3
    shell1
    (female)

shell1 HB User
    Re: Success with bio-identical progesterone?

I have been taking low dose hormones and they help but I still have alot of issues, panic attacks being one of them. I think thats what it is, I just get a real fearful feeling. I happened to be one of those evil smokers also. At least that's how it feels sometimes. I started back up smoking after quitting for 18 years due to so much stress. Congrats on the weight loss. What kind of diet is it? I think I will get that book by Susan Sommers also. I am really hoping the progesterone cream is going to work. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
    herekittykitty
    Veteran
    (female)

herekittykitty HB User

Shell,

Are you going to stop taking the Provera? Provera is progesterone.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
    shell1
    (female)

shell1 HB User

yes right now I am on Estradiol 1MG pill a day and 5mg a day of Provera. I figured when I start the cream I can stop taking the Provera pill and if it even's out my hormones enough I can stop the Estradiol. I ordered the cream on line and it had Dr. Lee's name on it. I have heard such good things about it so I am really praying it works.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

The other good book Suzanne wrote that I am reading right now is called "Ageless". It's all about bioidentical hormones. Real good info!! I love it.
    I have been on the creams almost 3 months and haven't lost any weight yet. symptoms are sudsiding though. I hate the weight battle. I am up 30 pounds or so from 5 years ago when I became hypothyroid and going through peri. The battle of the bulge is daily for me. Oh well...I try.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
    shell1
    (female)

shell1 HB User

Maybe when your symptoms are gone completely it will start working on the weight factor. It did say in some of those books that natural proesterone should help that. That sure would be an adde bonus.

Closed Thread