It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Flushed face after exertion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
    seabell
    (female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
    Red face Flushed face after exertion

Just finished doing some heavy duty gardening outside (dug up two shrubs and replanted them) weeding, etc... and while it was warm out and I was sweating, my face got very very blotchy red...almost like a very uneven sunburn. (I was wearing sunblock and a hat).

I know I'm in perimenopause, and have suffered hot flashes/night sweats, but never had this happen before. Is this also something I can look forward to?? I do tend to be active in the warmer weather and don't want to look all blotchy. (This wasn't a healthy flush look.... I'm talking red red blotches).

Thx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
    marilynjade

marilynjade HB User
    I don't know about the blotches, i do know meopause can do some pretty strange thing to your body. Everyone is different and has different things happen to them. I can't even do house work without having to stop every 15 minutes to cool down. All i can suggest is see your doctor about HRT, if you already take HRT maybe try another kind. With different HRT comes different side effects and different results.

------------------
    Post-menopausal 21 yr old. Hysterectomy in Aug 2001 after 4 laparoscopies, 3 D&C's, and a couple other diagnostic proceedures. Had endometriosis, adenomeosis, adhesions, cysts, an abnormally shaped uterus (like a heart) and much more
    Post-menopausal 21 yr old. Hysterectomy in Aug 2001 after 4 laparoscopies, 3 D&C's, and a couple other diagnostic proceedures. Had endometriosis, adenomeosis, adhesions, cysts, an abnormally shaped uterus (like a heart) and much more

Old 12-09-2003, 08:20 PM   #3
    Kristi91

Kristi91 HB User
    Re: Flushed face after exertion

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marilynjade
    I don't know about the blotches, i do know meopause can do some pretty strange thing to your body. Everyone is different and has different things happen to them. I can't even do house work without having to stop every 15 minutes to cool down. All i can suggest is see your doctor about HRT, if you already take HRT maybe try another kind. With different HRT comes different side effects and different results.

------------------
    Hi ! I was thrilled to see your post! I have been DX'D with hyperthyroid and am in so-called remission at the moment LOL ! I have went hyper about 3 times over the last 1.5 years. I too can not do house work without having to stop and cool down about every 15-20 mts. My face will get very flushed. I have an appt. with an OBGYN on the 23 of Dec. so hopefully she can give me some answers. Wishing you the best

Closed Thread