It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• post menopause bleeding

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2003, 09:18 PM   #1
    rdmoon

rdmoon HB User
    Post post menopause bleeding

Hi!

I was half-way through my message when it disappeared. Don't know if it will be posted or not.
    If i have lost that, i would like to thank everyone for providing a wonderful support group, sharing fears and experiences, and offering mental relief.

I live in Hong Kong and I'm 45 years old (turning 46 in a few weeks). I have been menopausal for almost 3 years now but have experienced 2 spells of bleeding. I was on HRT for 2 years. Each time i had an unusual period, the dr did tests and changed the dosage. I finally stopped HRT after reading all those damaging reports.

My dr put me on Phytocare (soy-based preparation) and Menopace. The bleeding came back after a few months and I had a pap smear and ultrasound done by the doctor, and a second time by a hospital. Results were negative. THe hospital told me to stop phytocare since not enough research has been done on soy supplements and it may have induced the bleeding by simulating hormones. I was also told to come back if I experienced any bleeding in future.

The bleeding stopped for a few months but I've had a light brownish discharge today. I'm scared and worried. Should I ignore this if it's only a slight discharge and does not develop into a period or must I go back to the dr?

Can stress, anxiety or exercise cause this? I have only started exercising regularly recently. I'm an asthmatic and take inhalers regularly. Could that be another cause?

What's going on with me? I stopped my periods very abruptly. Apart from the unusual bleeding and weight gain, I do not experience any other symptoms of menopause. Is it possible for some teeny weeny leftover hormones to have a last hurrah?

I would appreciate your feedback and any advice.

Thank you

RDMOON

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 05:25 AM   #2
    bjg
    Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
    all post menopausal vaginal bleeding should be considered serious until it is proven otherwise..i suggest a visit to your gyn ..he should do a biopsy of your uterus to rule out endometrial sarcoma(cancer)..something like 80 or 90% of these biopsy for this reason come back negative..but you cant just ignore the problem

Closed Thread