It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board

• Does anyone feel horrible the number of years I do?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
    alwaysaworrier
    (female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
    Does anyone feel horrible the number of years I do?

This is so frustrating and i just wonder am i the only one that feels this ways for so many years. All this stuff started in the late '90's and to think it is almost 2010 At the beginning of all this i was about 38 am now just turned 52 a few days ago - i had no idea what was wrong back then but i used to get a funny head as i called it back then - it was a fuzzy head feeling often being lightheaded etc. I remember my doc telling me at the time that it probably was panic attacks - i don't know. It wasn;t all the time but as the years went on it used to get very frequent and i also used to get these surges through my body and i really used to be so scared and frightened that i was going to die and that it was my heart etc. I still feel that way sometimes when it hits me. I can be fine sometimes and then completely out of the blue it will come again.......i can be just relaxing and this wave comes over me that leaves me so weak from the top of my head right down to my toes and you just feel miserable for ages, no energy or anything and sooo tired. I do also get the hot flushes and nightsweats but no too bad - theses i can cope with. I have not had a period now since Oct '08 and thought well maybe it is coming to an end and that i will see light at the end of the tunnell but no.........One of my big problems this past year or so are pains and aches all over. My back can be achey and my hips also. When i sit for any length of time i will be stiff when i get up and same when i get out after driving. I am fine after a few mins walking again but it is so annoying and a worry as to what is wrong with me. My legs are also starting to be bothersome at times - i got a leg cramp in bed for the first time the other night and that was horrible. Actually it was not at night but evening as i had gone for a rest as i was so tired and when i woke i stretched as you would in bed and bam the pain in the calf of my leg for a couple of mins - i imagine that was a leg cramp. I am so sick of all this and wonder is anybody else out there suffering like this. Last night and this morning i feel miserable enough in my whole body and just plain worried as to whether is is menopause or is there something else wrong with me altogether. Oh, another thing that i have is constipation recently - not fully constipated but not as regular and 'easy' to 'go'. I am wondering is this another symptom.

Sorry for rambling on but i just need to know if anybody else feels as miserable as me? My doc just says menopause as my bloods etc show 'post menopausal' but it has been going on so long and i just never know how i will feel on any given day. Saying all that i think i was feeling much worse all the time a few years ago and now i do have alot of good days/weeks but when i get that horrible feeling again out of the blue i suppose i get worried as to what is really long.

Would love to hear a comforting story

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
    Re: Does anyone feel horrible the number of years I do?

Always/Maggie:
    I see you've been on here since 2003. You know that this is hormonal, right?
    What have your doctors said? Have you had blood work done recently to see what your hormone levels are at? You might need some HRT to help get you through this mess.
    Some of the lightheadedness could be related to blood sugar fluctuations. My thoughts on the leg cramps and constipation issues are that you could have a magnesium deficiency or some other vitamin deficiency. Magnesium will definitely help with the constipation. Milk of Magnesia is Magnesium. You may want to increase your water intake and add more fiber to your diet. You can also get magnesium from eating more nuts. If you're a coffee/caffeine drinker, that will reduce the magnesium in your body.
    A magnesium deficiency is also responsible for muscle twitching, eye twitching, and could be adding to your leg problems.

Have you been examined for Fibromyalgia? It is common in us menopausal women.

What about medications? Sometimes those can cause muscle pains if you're on any.
    Exercise is key if you can manage it. How about a massage? A whirlpool? Those could be helpful in getting the kinks out.

I ended up getting epileptic seizures with this menopause package!!! It's caused by Estrogen Dominance!!!! Who knows when it will all end. We all end up with something, unfortunately. I take Vit D, B6, B12, Magnesium, Selenium, and Taurine supplements along with my other meds for the seizures. Good luck. Try to have a Merry Christmas and hopefully the New Year will be better to you.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
    alwaysaworrier
    (female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
    Re: Does anyone feel horrible the number of years I do?

Thank you for your reply 92261. I did try Hrt a couple of years ago but didn't see any change so stopped. I wasn't that happy taking it anyway. I have had my bloodwork done and am post menopausal so at least I know that much but even so I still worry from time to time, as you can see from my name!!!

I must try the magnesium, i did take that at some stage too and again didn't notice any big changes so stopped. I have taken different supplements from time to time, maybe i don't stay on them long enough.

As for medication, I take meds for HBP but have been taking these for maybe 5yrs now. My bp is well controlled and always have good readings when i have my checkups. I am not the best for exercise but will try and start going for walks again at least.

I suppose its all part of this menopause time of our life and we just have to hope for the best.

I am sorry to hear about your epilipsy, hope you don't get attacks too often?

Thanks again, and have a Merry Christmas & New year!

Closed Thread